Together in the Afterlife (Wreniles)

some silly crack ship/rarepair I recently made up cuz I thought it would make sense since both are so hot that they exploded into flames🥰

Takes place in the afterlife after the events of Western Spaghetti.

Wren's POV:

I woke up in a peaceful place. I didn't feel anymore pain. I felt more safe and secure. "This must be the afterlife." I thought to myself.

I then saw a tall figure running towards me. I squinted my eyes to get a closer look, only for them to shoot wide open at the realisation at who the figure was.

It was Niles.

"Wren? Is that you?" I heard him say. I got up and ran towards it. "Niles!" I yelled.

The two of us ran towards each other and embraced ourselves into a hug. I started to cry. "I missed you so much." I sobbed. Tears of joy streaked down my face and soaked into Niles's soft grey sweatshirt.

I felt him stroke my hair. "I missed you too." he said comfortingly.

I haven't seen Niles in over a year. I was heartbroken when I heard the news. Things were never the same for me since he died. I thought I wouldn't see him again. But here we are.

We broke the embrace and I wiped my eyes. "So you're dead too." he said, crossing his bandaged arms.

I scratched my head flusteredly. "Yeah, I exploded in a simulation base." I said. Niles's eye glowed. "OMG, Twinsies!" it squealed.

I chuckled a bit, but then looked down in remorse. "Yeah, things were hard for me since you died. And it didn't get any better since I lost at a Splatfest, which cost my fame, to the point where I no longer felt wanted by anyone. So then I was invited to a digital simulation to help cope with what I was dealing with at the moment, which I accepted. But..yeah...that's what happened."

Niles hugged me again. "I'm sorry Wren." he said. "I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that. You're safe with us now." I hugged him back. "Thanks Niles." I murmered happily. Without noticing, we embraced each other into a kiss.
Author's note: YEAH THAT'S RIGHT KISS LIKE NO TOMORROW YOU FRUITY DEAD EMOS!!!

Our kiss was cut off by someone giggling. It was Spudnick. Turns out he was filming us the entire time with a camera that SMG1 got him for his birthday. "Haha caught you in 4k!" he laughed. "I knew you were a lil fruit cup." Spudnick smirked.

Niles' eye turned red as he turned to the pink avatar, who immediately turned off the camera and aran off playfully. "Spudnick for the love of God-"