You Returned (Platonic Bob x Reader)

FIRST BOB X READER ONESHOT ON THIS STORYYY

Inspired by one of FennecFics Oneshots
This takes place right after WOTFI 2020, Bob's still in his redesign though.

Y/N's POV:

I sat on the sofa, letting out a heavy sigh of exhaustion. I missed Bob so much. He should've been back a while ago. I didn't know where the frick he was.

It was a stormy day out. It's been raining and thundering for what felt like hours! All I could do now is just lie on the couch, and wait for Bob to hopefully come back. I wanted him back, but something was telling me that he was not gonna return.

Yeah, Bob can be a handful at times, but I cherished that little guy like no tomorrow. I regretted yelling at them that one day when they were really energetic and accidentally smashed the window, causing them to get scared and run off. I never saw him since.

I should've known how much they hate it when people yell. I just wanted to take back everything I did on that day, but it was too late. I blamed myself for upsetting Bob, if only I didn't yell at them, this would not have happened.

Just one peek at the window made my eyes glow. I saw Bob standing in front of the door out in the pouring rain, waiting for me. I rushed to the door, opening it immediately. Bob didn't even greet me or anything, not even eye contact. He just stood in front of the doorstep and brushed his wet hair from his face as the rain fell on his small body.

I scooped him up and brought him back inside. I didn't know what to say, as I stood there in full shock as the poor thing shivered with cold in my hands. I refused to believe it. Was I dreaming? Was he finally back?

I moved my thumbs around, feeling the cold, wet plush of Bob's cloak on my skin. This was really him. Tears filled my eyes. I pulled him into a hug, tears of relief fell down my cheeks. He was soaking wet, but that didn't matter. The only thing that mattered at the moment was that Bob was finally home safe and sound. Bob didn't look at me. They were still upset from when I yelled at them that one day.

I carried him back to the sofa. He hopped out of my arms and wrapped a blanket around his small body to keep himself warm. "Want me to help you dry off?" I softly whispered. He didn't answer me. Guess that's a no. "Maybe headrubs would cheer him up. He loves that!" I thought to myself.

I reached out and put my hand in Bob's hood. I gently stroked their hair. Bob's hair wasn't as fluffy as it always is. Obviously, because it was all wet from being out in the rain, which washed all the fluff out. It's still very soft though.

Bob closed his eyes and muttered into his bandana. "I was worried sick about you!" I said with tears in my eyes as I kept stroking Bob's hair. Bob continued muttering, their swords started to cut the blanket a little. "Hey! That's expen..." I hesitated, realising he's already upset enough and didn't need to be yelled at again.

"Sorry Bob." I sighed. Bob didn't look at me. "Ugh. Just keep petting me." he groaned. I kept my hand in their hood. I brushed their hair. I missed giving him headrubs. His reactions are so cute! But they're way cuter when he is happy and not sad and scared like he was at the moment.

"Where did you go?" I asked him. He slowly opened his eyes as they filled with tears. "Y/N... I..." Bob covered his face with his nub hands and began sobbing.

I pulled Bob into a hug as he shivered and cried. "I know." I said as I kept stroking his hair. "Just don't leave me like that. You know I'm a worry wart." I tried to make Bob laugh a bit by saying that, but that just made him start crying even more instead. He rubbed his head into my chest, the blanket still wrapped around him. "I was stuck in the Internet Graveyard!" he sniffled. "That's why I couldn't get in touch with you!"

"Wait what?" I gasped. "How'd you get there?" Bob sighed through his tears, they still didn't look at me.

"After you yelled at me, I went to my friends to get my mind off things. But it didn't. Turned out SMG3 stole the Youtube remote and wanted us erased from Mario's history. We tried to stop him, but we failed. I thought everyone would forget about me! I thought I would be stuck in the Graveyard for all eternity! And...and.." The more he talked, the more tears streamed from his cheeks.

I pulled Bob closer to me and hugged them tighter. He shivered in my arms from crying, as well as from being completely drenched in freezing cold rain water. "Shh, its ok." I cooed, rocking his small body back and forth. "You can tell me about this later." Bob buried his face into my shirt and cried as I stroked his head more.

A few minutes later, he made eye contact with me for the first time in at least 2 weeks. His eyes are so pretty, and a nice green color too. "Want to dry off now?" I asked. "You're still wet from the rain." Bob nodded and wiped his eyes.

I carried him into the bathroom. I placed him down and got the hair dryer. "You might wanna pull your hood down first." I suggested. He took off his hood, his hair was still droopy and wet.

I turned on the hair dryer and before I knew it, Bob's hair puffed up and of his cloak were all raised upwards. He looked so cute and fluffy! I giggled from cuteness overload. Bob looked at me again and finally smiled, before laughing with me too. Oh, how I missed his adorable laugh!

I pulled my fluffy ghost friend into a hug. I felt so grateful to have him back.