Things Will Get Better I Promise (Platonic Bob x Reader) (rewrite)

This is a rewrite of my first SMG4 story, which I wrote during the Lawsuit Arc to cope with the fact that Bob got traumatised for the millionth time by watching his friends die.

Takes place after the events of NINTENDO HAS CLAIMED HIS VIDEO

Everyone's in old redesigns (duh)

Y/N's POV:

Things were never the same since the day the non Nintendo characters met their fate at the hands of Lawyer Kong. And it only got worse after SMG4 was taken away from us days later. Me and the remaining cast were not over what happened.

Especially Bob. Ever since that horrid day, his personality changed drastically. He was so depressed, that he stopped interacting with everybody, and wanted to be alone. He also cried more often as well. This left us heavily concerned for the little trash ghost.

"Hey guys." I said, opening the door. "I'm gonna check on Bob. I just wanna see how they're doing." Everyone else nodded.

I headed out the door to look for Bob. As I looked around, I heard cries and whimpers. I followed the noise. It led me to the dumpster, where Bob was.

Bob was sitting by themself with his face in his sleeves, whimpering in grief. I slowly walked towards them, and sat beside them.

"Uh, hey buddy." I whispered. I didn't want to startle them. They were already terrified enough from what happened. Bob stopped whimpering and looked at me.

Bob didn't look well at all. The usually bright sea green glow of their now bloodshot eyes was much duller and dimmer, and their face and sleeves were stained from their tears, and were all soaking wet. Their body trembled in fear as they looked at me.

"I think you should talk to me. You'll feel better." I said. Bob grunted rudely and stood up. "I'm fine, Y/N. Now go away!" he sniffled as he looked away. Bob's voice was all raspy from crying all week.

I stood up as well. "Bob, please.. I'm upset too. It's ok to talk out your feelings if you need to, which you obviously do now." I said. "I do not!" Bob yelled. "I'm ok, Y/N! I just wanna be left alone!" They tried to run away, but I grabbed their sleeve. "Let me go!" he yelled.

This made me even more urgent. "Stop it Bob! You're not ok! We left you alone for almost a fricking week, and all you did was feel worse! Stop lying to us, as well as yourself! We are doing this because we are your friends, and we care about you! We don't want anything bad happen to you because you mean the world to us! We don't wanna see you suffer, and we know you are now! So please stop acting like this, because it's not gonna help anything get better!"

Bob looked at me and instantly burst into tears, tackling me into a hug. "Waaaaaugh! I'm sorry, Y/N! *sniff* I'm so sorry for being the way I am!" he sobbed hysterically. He clenched my shirt tightly and bawled his eyes out into my chest. I was shocked. I've never seen Bob cry so much in my life.

"Hey, hey! You're gonna be ok. Let it out." I said, trying to avoid his swords, since they were still attached to his sleeves. Bob looked at me, a river of tears spilling all over his cheeks. "No, *sniff* it's not gonna be ok! It's all my fault!" he choked out.

What could they be talking about? He's a good boy who hasn't done anything wrong. I sat them back down. I held them closer to me. He's so soft, it's like cuddling a Squishmallow!

"How is this your fault?" I asked my little ghost friend as I gently scratched the back of their hood. "This has nothing to do with you."

Bob looked at me, and finally began to vent as his small, defenceless body trembled in my arms.

"It is my fault! I just feel like every time something bad happens, I'm the one to blame! Everything bad has always revolved around me! The DMCA should've only gotten rid of me, I'm better away from you guys."

They looked down at themself. "Why are you still friends with me? I'm just ruining everything!"

This left me in pure shock. Bob is the happiest and most optimistic guy I've ever known. And those words just came right out of his mouth.

I hugged him tighter. "Bob, you know why we're still friends with you?" Bob shrugged, looking off to the side. "It's because there's nobody else out there like you." Bob sighed in disbelief. "Bob... look at me." I held their face up with my hand.

"Do you think there is anyone in this entire world that is just as adorable, funny, brave, awesome, optimistic, and loveable as you are? No, there isn't. It doesn't matter if you mess up sometimes, it's normal. Everyone does that, even me! There is nobody out there like the one and only, Bob Bobowski. So, please stop saying stuff that isn't true, and we can get through this together."

Bob started crying again. "I...*sniff* I just want my friends back!" he sobbed loudly. I tightened the embrace. "I do to Bob." I said. I pet him gently, feeling his soft cloak on my hand.

After a few minutes, Bob calmed down a bit. "You better now?" I asked. "Mmmgh~ yeah, I guess.." he muttered. All of that crying really exhausted them. I picked them up, their small head peeked out from my arms. "Let's get back to the castle. Our friends are worried about you!"