Only the Beginning (Tari x Meggy)

Finally another ship oneshot that isnt Bob.
TW: mentions of overstimulating
Takes place prior to We Interrupt this Broadcast

Meggy's POV:

Me and Tari were supposed to be training this morning, but for some reason I couldn't find her. Maybe she forgot? I began to ask the rest of the gang if they happened to know where she went.

Nobody has seen her since yesterday. Instead, they were all doing what they usually do on an average day.

SMG4 was working on a video. SMG3 was live streaming. Mario was dancing in a giant plate of spaghetti. Saiko was practicing her music. Boopkins was watching his favourite anime. Luigi was planting his flowers. Bob was playing in their trash bin. Melony was sleeping.

I went out to look for Tari by myself. "Hello, Tari?" I called for her. No answer. I began to look around for her, calling Tari's name constantly, hoping for an answer.

I finally found Tari sitting by a pond that was hidden randomly in the forest. I ran towards the blue haired girl. "Tari, I thought I lost you or something." I said, relieved that she was ok.

Tari didn't look at me. "Sorry." she muttered. That's when I noticed that she was upset. Just by the way she said that, I could tell that she was either recently crying, about to cry, or possibly both.

I sat down on a rock beside her. "You ok? Are you lost?" I asked. Tari shook her head. "Yeah, I'm fine." she replied. "I found this nice pond one day while we were training. I thought it looked pretty. So that's why I'm here." I put my hand on her shoulder. "Tari, you can tell me anything. I'm not mad." "Alright." she huffed. She turned to my direction.

"It's just that I don't think I'm doing anything right. I didn't want to hurt your feelings. But, you're my friend, and I didn't want to lie to you about how I feel either. I'm sorry if I sound a bit mean. I just don't think I'll ever be as brave and strong as you are."

I smiled at Tari as I gently stroked her soft, blue hair. "Hey, don't think about it that way." I said. "We are only getting started. Trust me. It's only the beginning. You're doing great. And if you need a time to take a break, you can always tell me."

Tari looked at me and smiled back. "Thank you Meggy." she said.

"Alright, now let's get back to the Showgrounds." I got back up, not realising that the rock I was sitting on was wet. I slipped and fell into the pond.

Tari looked at me and giggled. "I'm sorry Meggy...it's just.." "No need to apologise, I'm fine." I said as we laughed together.