:𝐎𝐧𝐞

If you are stupid enough to cheat, then you're stupid enough to get caught

And my father had shamelessly proven this statement to be true.

But it so happened that my mother and my aunts  husband were the ones who saw my father hooking up with my Aunty in the bathroom.

I would forever remember my Tenth birthday party, not because my father cheated or that it was Tiana themed. But because that's the day my aunt got the shit beaten out of her by mother.

It was quiet a site to see. My petite yet curvy mother whooping a woman twice her size.

My dad frequently talks about how sorry he is to my mother whenever he came to take me because of shared custody. But it doesn't count if he's only sorry after he got caught.

After that day we slowly began drifting apart. Even when together we were miles apart. We always just sat there staring ahead, neither of us saying anything. You'd think that silence would be peaceful. But really, it's painful.

I never got to experience that amazing father—daughter relationship my friends would brag about. My father was more likely to throw me in the ocean than throw me a ball. He had to find time in his schedule to talk to me—his own daughter.

But when it's all said and done I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.

And he didn't teach me shit.

"Cheating is not just about fucking someone, Amir" my best friend alluded her eyes narrowed at her boyfriend.

"I know that Melody, and I fucking swear to god I never felt anything for her. She was nothing but a drunken fuck. " Amir exasperated, wrapping his fingers around Melodie's wrist.

Everyone's attention were solely focused on the heated couple arguing outside in the corridors.

We had just finished placing the toddlers for their naps and suddenly we heard shouting. So of course my inquisitive ass had to come out and see what was happening.

And to my surprise it was my best friend Melody arguing with her deadbeat boyfriend. She always tried her best to avoid them fighting here, but I guess this time it was unavoidable.

Now I wasn't a fighter and she knew this, but I wasn't going to stand idly and watch as this asshole dealt with her as he pleases when he's clearly in the wrong.

"Baby you know how much I love you right?" Amir asked.

Melody remained silient and I could tell her love for him had long faded. I guess this was her last straw. Amir shamelessly continued, "I never meant to cheat and I won't fucking do it again. You know how I am when I'm drunk"

"So we're gonna pretend as if I don't know your cheating ass lying?" I finally spoke glowering up at the sleazy dick.

"Didn't I tell you to keep that fucking mouth of yours shut?" Amir gritted out.