:𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

If I'm living without being thankful, I'm not living

If I'm living without being thankful, I'm not living. It may be that I'm not even existing. In fact, it may be that all I'm doing is waiting for death to show up without even realizing it. Therefore, I'd welcome anything that would drive me to being thankful for it is that which would drive me to living.

"You're coming for my birthday party this weekend right?" Mel questions gently shoving poochie's face out of the screen.

"Yeah. And don't shove my baby" I mumbled, placing my last suitcase to the side with the rest.

"Well your baby is being a pain in my ass. His daddy needs to come and feed his fat ass"

Upon hearing the mention of being fed poochie barks.

I giggled, "I guess he takes after his mother"

Mel rolls her eyes at my comment, "still haven't returned his calls yet?"

I shook my head knowing exactly who she was referring to.

Even after changing my number he still managed to contact me. I even went as far as to block him which only resulted him calling me on another number so I just opted to ignore his calls.

"C'mon babe it's been 4 months since you left and you still haven't thought about calling and apologizing for leaving after you got the best dick in your life?"

"I know what I did was inexplicable but I just didn't feel safe around him knowing he was connected to us being kidnapped. I knew if I stayed there's a possibility of that shit happening again and it's really freaking me out. I'm already fucked up about the whole situation and I don't need to stressing about anything else right now.

"I know babe, but did Nyx ever give you a reason to not feel safe around him?" She questions.

"No. But—

"Exactly. He didn't. Which meant he'd protect your ass if push comes to shove. Instead of behaving like a dumbass you should've explained how you actually felt. That night when I woke up at Asher's place I demanded for him to tell me every fucking thing and his little white ass did. And even if he didn't tell you everything you wanted to hear, maybe he's trying to protect you from seeing a side of him he doesn't want you to see. He really cared for you Remi and after you left it was like something flipped in him. He's not the same man from your memories Remi. He's worse. So much worse."

"I'll try talking to him, but I doubt he'll listen especially after I was the one who told him I didn't want to be around him anymore", I revealed caving in to her request.

"You really went all out on your feelings that night didn't you?" I glared at her. "Regardless of what you said, if It's you. He'll listen"

I found that hard to believe. I hurt him. There is no denying that I did. And I should've talked to him like Mel suggested but at the time my head wasn't screwed on right. All I wanted to do was leave. I was scared shitless after the whole kidnapping ordeal and I felt the only way I would be safe was if I stayed away from him. And if I were him I wouldn't even want to see my face or be in the same room as me.