:𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The stench of blood and vomit invaded my senses

The stench of blood and vomit invaded my senses. My eyes never left the river of red liquid racing along the concrete floor.

It took everything in me not to vomit at the nauseating smell.

The last thing I remember was almost escaping before we were stopped and knocked out. And now we somehow found ourselves waking up in this god awful basement.

"I can't believe I'm fucking tied to a chair again" Melody grumbles glaring at her dirty Nike slides and I sighed trying to ignore the ropes digging painfully into my wrists each time I shifted.

"Why the long face's ladies?" The same voice from earlier inquired the bleary figure making his way to the side, a cigar limply hanging between his index and middle finger.

Melody and I remained silent knowing better than to get fresh with this guy. Because unlike Amir he wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through us.

Moving the cigarette to his lips his hands gripped the white sheet that was stained with red and with a tug he revealed a body.

Gasps left Mel's and I lips.

It felt like my heart was about to explode out of my chest, my terror making it impossible to breathe at this gruesome sight. My pulse raced as I struggled to control my quivering palms, my eyes wide with panic.

I met Amir gaze waiting for his glazed eyes to move. They didn't. He was slumped in the corner, body rigidly still, bathing in the thick crimson liquid. My eyes wandered down his face stopping at his throat.

An incarnadine grin smiled mockingly back at me. The slash across his throat seemed to have more life than his listless gaping mouth. It taunted me. I could forever look at this twisted smile but he could never again see his face light up with one.

I swallowed and slowly began to survey the rest of his mutated body. The blood had cascaded like a waterfall down the front of his body and gathered in a small pool.

His arms and legs were bent at awkward angles as though he was a marionette that had been carelessly dropped. I gagged. His body was devoid of his laid back posture I once knew. I quickly tore my gaze away from him. He was no longer the Amir I knew, he was now just another corpse.

"I'm sure you ladies know what happens when I don't get my fucking money on time don't you?"

We both numbly nodded. Everyone knew what happens.

"Great. This fucker here owed me over half a mil and couldn't pay it back. He didn't even have the decency to tell me that the payment would be late. It's like the world has forgotten about common courtesy" he went on to state slowly making his way towards us.

"Now you" I didn't know who he was referring to but my face was no longer pointed towards the ground but now was held in his calloused grasp.

"Aren't you a beauty" he whispers, tracing his thumb over my chapped lips.