:𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Time made the missing different, but it didn't make it go away

And sometimes I can't help but wonder what would happen if I hadn't left.

"I'm so glad your back babe", Mel mumbles hugging me for the umpteenth since I have arrived.

"You've been clinging onto me nonstop and I can't even use the bathroom in peace because you're following me around like my goddamn toddler. So yes I know that you're happy that I'm back Mel"

"I'm just ensuring your coward-ass wouldn't run off again without saying nun"

"And I won't." , I assured her slipping on my heels.

"You gotta pinky promise me"

I giggled, "What are we five?"

"We could be fifty with fucking saggy tits we still doing this shit. Now hold out your damn pinky" she demands holding out her freshly done stiletto nail.

Shaking my head I wrapped my pinky around hers. "I promise I won't run away again Mel"

"You betta not, because you know what happens when you break a pinky promise" she grumbles unwrapping her finger from mine.

I chuckled getting to my feet.

"So where's the party at?"

"It's a surprise" came her erotic response as she passes me my purse.

I frowned, "whenever you say that I'm obligated to worry. Your surprises are always the worst"

"Trust me this time you'll fucking love it"

"And I highly doubt that"

"Stop being a debbie downer and trust your best friend. Tonight you're going let loose, have some fun and get fucking drunk. And maybe if you're lucky you'll get dicked down. Four months is way too long hun" she announces, grabbing my hand.

"You know I'm a lightweight Mel. So I don't need to get drunk, three drinks will do the trick...sometimes two" I mumbled as she dragged me out of hers and Asher's apartment.

"You poor thing. You should thank god that you found someone like me otherwise I'm pretty sure your little plump ass would've been long dragged off into some guy's bed when you're out of it"

"Hmm. I mean what would I do without my precious body guard?" I teased making her glare at me. "And just so you know I'm not having sex tonight" I tell her.

Mel grins, "we'll see about that babe"

My eyes wandered through the massive crowd and packed tables, the dim lights flickering from various colors as 'Earned It' by the Weekend blared throughout the club. The smell of whiskey, moans and groans of frustration and pleasure could faintly be heard over the droning music.