:𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

••

"Mel, Remi, could you wait up for a sec?" Asher calls jogging towards us

Mel and I both stop glancing at each other clearly wondering what he wanted to ask or talk to us about.

"There will be a party at Nyx's house Saturday night and I'd like it if you both could come. You're also free to bring another friend along or your partner, it doesn't really matter who you bring. The more the merrier right?" He rambles making both Mel and I grin at his cuteness.

"We'll definitely be there" Mel states and he nods.

Bidding him goodbye we went our separate ways. 

"So I'm assuming you're bringing that asshole of yours?"

"Yeah..." I trailed off feeling a headache coming on just thinking about Arlo.

"Why won't you just leave him before it's too late, Remi? I really don't understand the point of you being together with him if you're not at your happiest"

I honestly didn't know what was keeping me from ending things between us at this point. Because clearly I should learn to accept that not everybody is who I once knew. You can have a pet zebra and put that zebra into a small cage every day and tell the zebra that you love it, but no matter how you and the zebra love each other, the fact remains, that the zebra should be let out of that cage and should belong to someone who can treat it better, the way it should be treated, someone who can make it happy.

I wanted to feel loved without feeling like I was begging for it.

"I'm not forcing you to do anything you don't want to do, Remi. but just remember if he wants you, he's not going to give another man the opportunity to get you. And stop accepting shit you're really not okay with. You're draining yourself babe"

"I know Melody. I just want me back. This isn't me" I whispered tears pricking the corners of my eyes.

"I know babe" she mumbles pulling me closer to her chest.