:𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

"How about we try finger painting with the others?" I suggested to Noorie who refused to leave my side

"She still hasn't let go yet?" Mel asks, trying to pry Theodore away from her leg.

I shook my head no. My arms were numb and every time I tried to place her down she'd start crying.

"Theo go play with the others" Mel groans out hoping that the little boy would listen but if anything it made him even more upset.

"No!" He whines his grip tightening.

"You little—"

"Mel you can't call him that" I quickly interfered not wanting her to get into any more trouble for the time being.

"This is why I'm never having kids" she grumbles, narrowing her eyes at Theo who grins up at her.

"That sentence alone will put your mother into an early grave" I stated causing her to scowl.

"She has Tiffany and Bryan who's already giving her grandchildren. More than she can account for. Every time they visit it's another baby, it's like they're bunny rabbits or something—they never stop. Who the fu—hell has so many kids? How many more could she possibly want?"

I sighed not knowing what to say. But this situation has clearly become too much for her to handle and soon enough she'll combust if she doesn't get it off her chest.

"Just try talking to her, Mel. She can't be pressuring you to do something you're clearly not ready for or committed enough to do" I suggest with a small smile.

"I'll try. But I'm telling you that woman doesn't listen to anything I say. Once she made up her mind about something, there's no changing it", Mel states glancing down at Theo.

"It's your body Melody not hers. If you're not ready you just aren't. Do force the issue. Now let's go finger paint"

Sitting at the table I grabbed a blank sheet of paper. Noorie, who was sitting on my lap watched quietly.

"So what do you wanna paint?" I asked softly, her cognac eyes fixated on my fingers.

"Theo you can't paint me" Mel groans causing the boy to cry.

I smiled, shaking my head, "how about we paint a bunny?"

"A bunny?" She whispers.

Finally, we're getting somewhere.

"Yeah. Do you like bunnies?"

She nods.

Smiling, I quickly exchanged the white paper for a black colored card stock. Taking up the white paint along with the pink I placed them down before us.

Gently grasping her hand in mine I straightened out her tiny index and dipped into the white paint.

Making two circles I re-dipped her finger into the paint a couple of times to actually form the shapes. After that we painted two little ears, eyes and a cute fluffy tail.