:𝐒𝐢𝐱

••

Have you ever seen your reflection in a mirror and suddenly see all the little changes that have taken place since you were a teenager? It's pretty depressing

"Are you sure I'm not over dressed?" I questioned Mel who absentmindedly nodded fixing her curls.

"You look great Remi. Stop stressing" she reassures me.

It wasn't like I didn't love my outfit because truth and in fact whatever Mel picked out for me always gave me that extra oomph. And this fit was definitely tight. But that tiny voice in the back of my head was saying otherwise.

Negativity is like burning plastic: while destroying itself, it annoys everyone with its stench.

Taking up my phone to distract myself for a bit I saw a text from Arlo stating that he'd be arriving a little later than planned. Sending him a quick okay I shoved my phone into the back pocket of my denim jeans.

"Now let's go help my mother with the food before she starts cussing out our asses for staying too long to get dressed"

Placing my hands in hers we left the room descending the wooden stairs and headed straight for the kitchen where Mel's mother was cooking up a storm whilst barking orders.

"Can we greet her a little later? She seems really busy and I'd hate to distract he—"

"Mommy!" Melody screams, dragging me towards a smiling Melissa.

"Remi it's great to see you dear" she says, placing down the bowl onto the counter top before pulling me into a warm hug.

I smiled hugging her back, "it's great to see you too Melissa"

Breaking the hug she glared at Melody who was spooning out whatever was in the bowl placing the silverware into her mouth.

"Unless you came to tell me your pregnant I don't want you eating out my mash"

"Ma, we're not doing this today" Mel declares, dropping the spoon into the sink.

"Uh do you need help with anything?" I quickly changed the subject.