:𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

I crossed my legs underneath me quietly sucking on my cherry flavored jolly rancher watching as Melody stuffed her face with Cookies 'n Cream ice cream

This was supposed to be my breakup party or celebrating finally being single after 4 years. Honestly I'm not too sure which one it was but regardless Melody was having the time of her life pigging out on all my snacks.

"You sure you're good? I know that you said you are but you've only just left Arlo's sorry ass a few hours ago and I'm a little suspicious because you're taking this separation surprisingly well. I expected you to be bawling, throwing a fit or whatever"

I had done my fair share of sobbing back in Nyx's room and he was nice enough to hold me until I was finished. But I secretly wish he hadn't. If that wasn't embarrassing enough I'm also haunted by my snot and makeup covering his shirt which he refused to give to me to wash no matter how I begged him to.

"Yeah I'm good. Someone told me not to cry over someone who wouldn't cry over you. So I'm doing just that" I simply responded, biting back my smile remembering Nyx's words.

"You know what would make this night even better?" Melody implored sticking the spoon into the frozen treat.

I grinned, "Weed" we both replied in union bursting out in fits of giggles after.

"You ain't smokin that shit in my apartment. You know how you get when you're high" I pointed out once we calmed down from our little moment.

"It's not my fault I get horny when I'm high" she mumbles, resuming to eat her ice-cream.

"You're always horny Mel"

"True dat"

I shook my head smiling. Taking up her phone I switched the song that was currently playing because I wasn't really feeling it.

Now It was Mel's turn to smile as Toni Braxton: Unbreak My Heart began playing through the speaker.

"Why is this so fitting for you right now?" She teased.

"You selected this playlist on purpose didn't you?"

"Of course not" she denies placing a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

I rolled my eyes taking up my waffles with whipped cream and a honey drizzle on top along with diced strawberries. Taking a bite out of it I shook my head at Mel who stared pleading at me.

"C'mon it's just a small bite" she whines placing her index and thumb together ensuring to leave a small gap between. Her the frozen treat now completely forgotten.

"You know whenever someone says that it's never just a 'small bite'. Plus I also asked if you wanted me to make one earlier and you said no.

"B—but I didn't want it then"

"And now you ain't getting any" I stated taking another bite spiting her. God this was fun.