:𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱

"Remi!" Mel hollers followed by the screams of her 2 year old daughter

"What's the problem now?" I questioned taking the crying toddler from her arms.

"I need a break" she whines, narrowing her eyes at Naya who cries harder.

Cradling my goddaughter to my chest I began rocking her and eventually her cries subsided.

"Where's Asher?" I questioned watching as Mel's plops onto my couch.

"At work"

"Mel you can't keep popping up here every time Naya cries. You need to allow her to get used to you" I informed her.

"I know, but I tried everything you told me to and she always cries harder!" She complains tiredly.

"You've got to have patience with her Melody. Just try please. If one of these days I'm not around what will you do?"

She sighs finally caving in. "I'll try"

"Good" I tell her placing a sleeping Naya into her arms. She was definitely a cutie and never fails to amaze me how much has her dad and godfather wrapped around her tiny fingers.

"So when are you planning on telling Nyx?"

"Later today" I mumbled.

"Don't stress yourself over this Remi. He'll be esatic."

"I really hope so. He's never talked about wanting kids Mel so I don't know what to expect" I informed her.

"As long as it has to do with you he'll be happy. Imagine a mini version of you and Nyx running around? Defs adorable. I can't wait to become a godmother!"

"I never imagined you saying the words Defs and godmother" I joked, making her scowl at me.

"Whatever. Anyways imma bounce I've gotta clean up the mess this child made" she announces getting to her feet.

"Okay I'll tell you how it goes"

Bidding me a final bye I went straight to the kitchen taking out my tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Grabbing a spoon I closed the draw and sat by the counter opening the lid.

Dipping my spoon into it I scooped up some and placed the frozen treat into my mouth moaning at the delicious creamy taste.

This has been the only thing I've managed to keep down for these past few weeks and Nyx was getting real worried about me being barely able to eat and I was getting tired of dodging his questions. So I was happy to finally get this off my chest tonight.

"Mama you've been sleeping a lot lately, are you sure you're okay?" Nyx whispers, pressing his lips for my forehead.

I hummed sitting up.

Crawling onto the bed he places me onto his lap wrapping his arms around my stomach.