:𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

••

 𝐈 𝐝𝐮𝐠 the scalpel under the nail moving it back and forth painfully slow as muffled screams echoed around me

𝐈 𝐝𝐮𝐠 the scalpel under the nail moving it back and forth painfully slow as muffled screams echoed around me. The fingernail came off in one clean sweep, strings of blood and jagged flesh sticking to the back of it. It was a decently a clean and easy take off. But I've done better. Beads of crimson bubbled up to the surface before trickling over and dripping onto the stained floor, joining the growing puddle surrounding the side of the chairs legs.

The pungent stench of urine perfumed the air, making me scrunch my nose in disgust. Glancing up at the man on the old wooden table, his brown eyes were wide and red brimming with unused tears. Fear was evident as he stared back at me, pleading without words.

"I've only managed to get two nails off and you're already calling it quits?" I mocked disappointment embedding my words. 

He frantically shook his head.

"Still don't know anything?"

I grinned menacingly. "Then I'll continue."

The other man was cuffed to the moldy ceiling. His eyes were dazed as he stared down at me. I could easily switch between the two going back and forth. But I was in no rush. Answers were what I was after. And once I got them, I was free to do as I pleased.

I took my time with detaching all of his fingernails from one hand and then the next. I purposely messed up on his pinky digging the scalpel deeper into his flesh watching as his body shook violently on the table. Removing the bloody cloth from his mouth, he spluttered and coughed gasping for air.

"Where is he?"

He shook his head. "I don't know. I swear."

I nodded even though I wasn't pleased with his answer. Moving over to the one limply hanging from the ceiling, blood trickled from the bullet wound in his leg. But with it elevated it had slowed tremendously. My hand collided hard with his face, but the dazed look remained in his bloodshot eyes.

Opening the black case we always kept on hand, I picked up the power saw at the bottom. It wasn't my favorite, but it got the job done.

"Wh-what are you doing?" the one on the table spluttered, realization finally dawning on him.