9

Tae leaned against the wall of the hallway, his hands in his pockets, looking glum. I thought about singing the BTS song "Good Day" to cheer him up, but I didn't want to make too light of the situation. He was really hoping the other members would like his new songs.

"They said," he explained, "that my songs sound too old, like trot music. Does not go with the new concept."

"How did they like that it's in English?" I asked, leaning against the refrigerator across from him.

He sighed. "They did not. And I did not tell them you helped me when they asked who give me ideas."

I nodded my head in understanding. This lockdown was allowing the members to be more creative, especially Tae. I didn't want him to get discouraged. "You'll write other songs. And they will love them," I assured him.

"I need more inspiration," he said, looking at me intensely.

I moved to the living room. That was a lot of pressure if he thought I was always going to inspire him. Is that why he looked at me like that? "You know what? Sitting here helps me relax and think." I sat in the Bodyfriend chair and pressed a few buttons to turn it on and start the massagers.

Tae looked interested and came closer. As I got up from the chair, awkwardly, he tried to slide in under me to sit down. Then I lost my balance and ended up in his lap! We laughed and I turned to look back at him, my cheeks flushed red. He gave me a sly smile. It was very attractive. Tae...don't smile at me like that.

To stop my heart from jumping out of my chest, I quickly got up and walked to the kitchen. English books were on the table so I sat down and fiddled with the pages of a book.

"Suni, what if I say this line to you? 'You're my Miss Right, Miss Right. Girl you want my kiss, right?' You would go out with me?" he asked, his mood brightening.

I giggled as our eyes met. Was he flirting with me? I could play this game too. That was how I got my first boyfriend in college. "Only if you said something cheesy like 'If I lose you, it's a miss, right?'"

"Ah! I get it now. You said miss right. Like the name of the song." He laughed heartily and it was good to see him happy again.

"Come on, let's work on the next lesson in your book," I said, setting up the books in place.

He sank into the chair as the massagers whirred and rotated. "I cannot. This is too relaxing."

Watching him close his eyes and enjoy the soothing sensation, I wanted nothing more than to sit in his lap and cuddle with him. He looked so snuggly. I wished I had lingered on his lap a little longer. My mind wandered into fantasy land...

I fell on his lap and we smiled at each other. Embarrassed, I tried to get up but he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back down. "Where are you going?" he asked, his voice alluring and tempting. I leaned into him, fully resting my back against his chest. "Let's sit like this for a while," he continued.

He was warm and his musky cologne smelled good. "Mmm, Tae...are you trying to seduce me?" I asked, softly.

"No...," he said as he held me tighter and lightly kissed my neck. "Do you want me to seduce you?"

The sounds of the doorbell jolted me awake from my daydream. I glanced at Tae, still in his chair, as I went to answer the door. Now frustrated, but knowing he wasn't really at fault, I jokingly said over my shoulder, "You know, you're my worst student."

Opening the door, I found Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook. My jaw dropped. Tae hadn't told me they were coming. We greeted and bowed to each other as they entered and took off their shoes. Jin handed me a box with a picture of the Seoul skyline. "We are bored. Let us do a puzzle together."