48🔥

In November I was on a plane from Cancun to Paris, again. This time I did not get motion sickness and I was clear headed when we landed. I did happy feet when the plane came to a complete stop at the terminal, giddy with excitement to see Tae after so long. Our relationship was on the cusp of a turning point and the suspense of how it would happen was making me crazy. As the passengers on the plane all stood up at the same time, I wanted to jet off right away. But I politely waited my turn and was still nice enough help a mother with her toddler. I even let her go ahead of me down the aisle of the cabin.

Han, the loyal and kind bodyguard, picked me up from the airport and brought me to the same hotel as last time, The Peninsula. There in the lobby bathroom I texted Tae that I was on my way and then I changed out of my worn-for-the-last-ten-hours clothes. I wanted to surprise my boyfriend by wearing a silver and black mini cocktail dress under the black Celine cashmere coat he had gifted me earlier for the cool autumn weather.

I took the elevator up to the rooftop garden suite and punched in the key code. The room was lit but silent.

"Tae?" I walked down the short hallway from the foyer that opened up to the living area. I tried to make a grand entrance, stepping out with my hands on my hips, my feet apart. "I have arrived!"

Looking around I still didn't see him. I turned around completely, even checking by the front door in case he was hiding. My eye caught a chocolate Eiffel Tower on the round table by the French doors. My grumbling stomach moved me toward the hotel provided snack and I broke off a piece of the sweet delicacy. As it melted in my mouth, I wondered where Tae had planned for us to go for dinner.

Suddenly, I did a double take. There at the leg of the chocolate tower was a small velvet jewelry box.

From my peripheral vision, I saw Tae emerge from the dressing area wearing a charcoal gray suit with a white buttoned shirt. He looked sexy and mature, with his black hair styled, showing his forehead. Between his stylish look and the box I had seen, I was at a loss for words.

"Hi, babe," he said shyly.

"Hey, gorgeous," I said, as he approached me with thoughtful steps. Perhaps he was concentrating on what he was going to say next. I stayed still, letting him lead the moment. When he stood in front of me, he reached for the velvet box.

"Suni," Tae started, looking at the box. "I want to tell you something. I have to enlist in the military next year." Our eyes met. He seemed to study my face for a reaction. I nodded, showing I understood the inevitable. "When the company told Bangtan, I thought about who I want to see at the drop-off center. And eighteen months later who I want to see when I end my service..." He took one of my hands in his, the warm touch of his long fingers gladly received. "It's you."

My eyes widened and I melted at his confession. I let out a tiny gasp when he got down on one knee and opened the small box. He presented to me a white gold diamond engagement ring that sparkled in the tiny light provided by the inside top of the box.

"Suni, I have a big heart full of love, will you take it?" He lowered his face and covered it, timidly. Then his dark chocolate eyes were on me, shining bright and the corners of his mouth turned up. "Will you marry me?"

My heart skipped a beat. It felt like a dream. Was this real? I had been wanting him to say those words for two years. "Yes!" I exclaimed when I finally found my voice. I jumped in tiny from the excitement as Tae rose from the floor. He chuckled as he took my right hand and placed the shiny ring on my third finger, leaving the velvet box on the table. Then we gave each other a loving kiss and embrace, while I sneaked a peak at how the sparkly jewelry looked on me.

"Tae...it's beautiful. Thank you." We let go and I looked up at him, my heart never feeling so full. "I love you." A tear I didn't know had formed, trickled down my cheek. Tae captured it with a kiss.