50🔥

"Don't forget you have a project meeting with Sim Invest today at one o'clock and the shooting of the commercial is next Monday," I said to Tae as I walked to the row of Celine brand jackets in our walk-in closet. I picked a black wool jacket and a twill bomber jacket, faced him, and held both out in front of me. He scanned each one and pointed to the bomber one.

"Do I have time to go bowling with Jungkookie?" Tae asked as I helped him slide the jacket on over his Celine Paris logo jersey.

I hung the other jacket back on the rack and moved to the drawer that housed all his jewelry. "What time? You have the Korea Elle magazine photo shoot at five."

"How about tomorrow?" Tae stood by me and turned around as I placed the black and gold daisy pendant necklace around his neck.

"Meeting with your producer." I smoothed out his clothing, eliminating any wrinkles, as I ran my hands down his arms. He turned around to face me. "You just hung out with Jungkook yesterday," I said, a twinge of annoyance in my voice.

In one second my own duality went from Tae's busy personal assistant to his loving wife. I pinched his stomach as I fixed the hem of his shirt, causing him to giggle and flinch, and looked at him with pouty lips. "Are you jealous, Suni?" he asked, coyly, pulling me in for an embrace.

He felt warm and comforting, the perfect feeling as I was still in my pajamas on that January morning. "Well, sort of...for one thing you guys get to go out in public together."

"One day I promise we can be more open. Maybe we can start by taking a walk down by the river."

I sighed. "It's okay. I know I'll never have that kind of bond with you. You guys grew up together."

Tae gave me a light kiss, first on my forehead then on my lips. "He's my best friend. But you're my wife. You are my family, my home...my life."

"And it's okay that he and I are different to you?" I tucked a strand of hair behind his ear and looked at him curiously.

"Yes, I don't want you to be my best friend. I couldn't do this to you." He gave my butt cheek a squeeze.

I scoffed. "Um, I've seen you do that plenty of times to Bangtan."

"Well...I couldn't do this," he said, as he dipped between my cheeks and curled his fingers upwards.

My breath hitched as my eyes screwed shut. "Definitely can't do that."

We shared a laugh then I walked him to our front door. He grabbed his wallet and phone on the counter and turned to stare at me intensely, with a smile. "I can't believe we're married."

I giggled. "I know. Sometimes it still feels like a dream."

 "I love you, angel," he said with a peck on my lips. "Annyeong."

"Love you too, Tae."

***

Our first few months of marriage were blissful. Tae and I took turns cooking meals for each other, having guests over for dinner and game nights, and watching Netflix together. He had a schedule that kept him busy but there were also times where he did nothing for days, taking advantage of the rest time. I kept busy with teaching English through "Learning E" again, opting for in-person classes but knowing I could work remotely if I had to travel.

Tae had always wanted to live abroad, it was on his bucket list. So for the spring months of 2023, we rented a large house in the trendy neighborhood of Brentwood in Los Angeles, not far from my family. There Tae worked on his solo album and experienced life as a "they're-just-like-us!" celebrity. The rich and famous mostly left him alone when he did go out with me. I was just excited to experience married life on that side of the world and he was too.