36🎇

The fact that Taehyung saw me at the concert and acknowledged me with a hand heart made my heart flutter.

There was a twinge of sadness though when the concert was over. He hadn't texted anything about meeting in person. Perhaps a quick fan meet backstage. But I understood they were busy, world famous pop stars, and I couldn't be bothered. I mean I really tried not to be bothered.

Now what? The concert was over and the stadium lights at Sofi turned on. The allure of the show was gone and all that remained was a floor full of confetti and fans scrambling outside to beat the post-concert traffic. The upbeat melody of "Permission to Dance" that was playing over the speakers tried to help us get over the depression after this event. I was supposed to text my sister to pick me up, but I sat in my seat for a moment, trying to enjoy the euphoria before it left my system.

Suddenly, a tall Korean man came up to me. He asked with a Korean accent, "Are you Suni?" After I nodded, he handed me three brooches of different shapes, cloud drops, flower buddies, and faces. My jaw dropped. I stared at the colorful metal ornaments. They were exactly the same design as Taehyung's drawings. He had them made into jewelry? Why?

I stood up and asked the man, "Who gave these to you?"

He leaned closer and said, "Kim Taehyung. Come with me if you want to see him."

My eyes grew big. I looked down at the brooches in the palm of my hand, then back at the staff member. A few lingering fans were still in their seats. The reality was I should be going home. But here was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I quickly took out my phone, snapped a picture of the jewelry and texted it to Taehyung, including a question mark. Moments later, after standing there awkwardly with this stranger, Taehyung texted back "Go with Han."

I asked the man, dressed all in black like most BTS staff members, "What's your name?"

"Han," he answered.

"And if I go with you, where are we going?"

"His hotel."

My breath hitched. Was this for real? My ex-boyfriend said to go with Han and for some reason, I trusted him. My feet acted on its own and took the first step up the stairs. Han followed closely behind me. I had to text my sister but I wasn't sure what to say. If I wanted to be honest I would have told her, "I'm following the sound of the pipe. I can't help what I like. He 'pied pipered' me..." But instead I texted that I was going to hang out with some ARMYs first and I would call her later.

After half an hour, Han and I, in a black Hyundai Palisade, arrived at a nearby Los Angeles hotel. He lead me to a room on the 20th floor and told me to wait for Taehyung. It was a simple hotel room, not overly elegant. A king size bed, a dresser, TV mounted on the wall, and a small round table with a single chair furnished the spacious room. I had seen glimpses of BTS' rooms in their V Lives. I decided to sit at the table and put my see-through plastic clutch down. Feeling terribly thirsty, I took a bottle of water from the basket of snacks and chugged it down. My knee jiggled in anticipation wondering when he would arrive.

To pass the time, I pulled back the curtain and looked out the window, seeing some skyscrapers of downtown LA. It was weird to think I would be hanging out with Taehyung in my hometown now, not his. We were on my territory.

Suddenly the door clicked and I whipped my head in that direction. I found Taehyung standing there. I smiled, relieved to finally see him. His eyes lit up. I was stunned by his beauty, his god-like features in a black hoodie and jeans, and it took my breath away.

"Hi," I said, shyly, standing up to greet him.

"Hi." He walked slowly to me, looking like a dream. I noticed he checked me out and I was so glad I wore a simple white BTS T-shirt, a short black pleated suspender skirt, and over-the-knee socks.