𝟎𝟒

CHAPTER FOUR
--
OMNISCIENT
Starbucks
Miami FL

Grab hold of my hand
I feel you understand me

TWO WEEKS LATER sitting in Starbucks drinking from her extra salted caramel Frappuccino finishing up a paper that she would need to turn in by 11:59 tonight.

After completing the Google Doc she turned it to a Microsoft Word (.docx) before uploading it to Canvas. With Google Duo being easier than Microsoft she always did her assignments like that making sure to follow the page requirements.

Closing her MacBook pushing it to the side so she could eat her warm blueberry muffin while listening to the song that lowly played through her AirPods.

Feeling a presence behind her she irritatedly put her muffin down turning around with a mug plastered on her face coming face to face with a someones abdominal area.

Titling her head up she made direct eye contact with Yamari who stood over her inaudibly talking to her.

Clicking her right AirPod making him halt his talking realizing she hadn't heard anything he had said.

"Hey," Bleu shyly greeted him with a small wave before offering him the sit across from her.

He spoke back before starting to tell his story about someone 'having a face only a mother could love' trying to shoot their shot at him. It clearly offended him because it happened three days ago and everyone he told just told him 'give her a chance' or 'a least get a nut in'. As if he could get turned on by someone that looked like Evillene and Shrek had a baby.

Bleu throughly listened to his rant as she shook her head here and there to let him know she was listening. The two could talk about anything and it became evident when they bumped into each other a week ago at Walmart where they exchanged numbers.

He had became Bleu's first true friend because he refused to let her distance herself from him. It had been three days since he had talking to her about his issues which weren't really issues just things in his life he dramatized.

Bleu rarely ever spoke back she just let him talk shaking her head here and there. Yamari didn't mind because when she did voice her opinion it made him think about the situation over and realize he was being overdramatic.

"My sister gone say 'I'd twist a niggas lips off for even trying that shit with me' " was the last thing he said before quieting down eating the other half of the blueberry muffin Bleu broke off for him.

"You work tonight?" Yamari questioned her after he finished his half of the blueberry muffin. Bleu shook her head no watching his face show a sly smirk before it quickly vanished making her furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"You'll see," Yamari said waiting for her to finish her Frappuccino.

◦ ◦ ◦

Jungle Island
Miami FL

Yamari watched as Bleu happily fed the kangaroo food out her hand.

He held the cup that Bleu would grab from and give the kangaroos small portions at a time.

Unfortunately one crawl-walked near him knocking the cup out his hand causing more of them to come eat the food off his new crisp, white Air Force ones.

Bleu recorded off her phone the irritated look he wore while trying to contain the ugly laugh that was itching the come out.

She couldn't hold it anymore and let out a loud laugh causing Yamari's irritated look to become a smile turned laugh from her uncontrollably laughing.

Her smile so pretty. Ima keep that there.