𝟐𝟐

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
--
OMNISCIENT
Dav-ingston Residence
Denver CO

You know mommy doesn't like
Anyone else like I like you, right?
I'm holding on (barely)

"Mama's got a lot to learn," Bleu lowly sung to a sing drowsy Yari, who was suffering with strep throat. Her first case of strep throat actually.

She wasn't taking it well causing both of her parents to be on their toes. Though, Yamari was grieving the loss of Mr. Oak he tried to continue being the family man but right now wasn't the time. Just not right now.

Mr. Oak became a major figure in Yamari's life in the past year. Really the father figure he always yearned for; the one he needed. And, he was swiped from him without getting to say goodbye.

That's life. You live to learn-learn to live to accept death. Theirs no way around it. Just have to live life the way you want too and not let others dictate how your life should go. That was how their last conversation went had he knew he'd throughly listen instead of brushing off the statement.

Laying a now sleeping Yari in her bed. Bleu walked out the room making sure her Finding Nemo night light was on incase she was to wake again.

Walking into her shared room with Yamari quickly getting on the large grey comforter causing a sleeping Yamari to immediately cuddle into her.

She lowly sighed letting sleep take over her.

◦ ◦ ◦

THREE HOURS LATER The house was tranquilly quiet with all three residence sleeping peacefully in their rooms.

Yamari's cellphone had been ringing for the past two minutes. He heard it but the sleep he was experiencing right now he didn't want to interrupt it but, by the way his phone was continuously going off he reached for it on his side table.

Squinting at the screen due to the brightness he let his eyes settle before realizing who was calling.

Mr. Oak is calling...

His eyes widened before he quickly answered figuring something was wrong with Momma Oak.

"Hello," he put the phone to ear speaking into the phone with a raspy voice revealing the sleep still evident in his voice.

"WHAT IT FOR INSURANCE MONEY?!" someone yelled in the phone before others began to yell as well.

He removed the phone from his ear looking at the time, nine in the morning. Hanging up the phone not wanting to hear people yelling early in the morning he went to his contacts to call Momma Oak.

"Good Morning Momma Oak," he spoke after she picked up.

"Good Morning baby" she replied rolling towards her bedroom to get away from her angry, grown children.

"Who has Mr. Oaks phone?" he asked after a moment of silence.

"That's the kids. Their mad because in Harrell's will he gave you ownership of the shop instead of them. They wasn't gon' take care of it no way," she said grabbed her jewelry box to take off her jewelry. Her-their children and grandchildren sat with his lawyer about Mr. Oaks will. He gave his children 500k. He gave Yamari ownership of his shop, his collection of cars, and a little over 500k. Also, their house due to Momma Oak being paralyzed from the waist down Yamari would do everything medical for her since their house was remodeled to move around her and her wheelchair.

Mr. Oak knew if he gave it to his children they wouldn't appreciate it as much as Yamari. They'd just sell the shop and house for more money because to them 500k was chum change. And, throw Momma Oak into a home because their lifestyle didn't allow them to care for her although, three of their children were in the medical field.

Even when Momma Oak was in the hospital from the car accident that caused her paralyzation none of them visited, they never visited only sent their children when they were on school breaks.

Luckily, their grandchildren loved being with their grandparents because they actually did things together unlike at home where their parents were barely home. Not even for work their parents would simply neglect them. But, because they had a house over their head, clothes on their backs, and food in their stomach that was all it took to take care of a child in their opinion though they weren't raised like that.

The Oaks tried to call CPS about it when the children were younger but the case was always thrown out. The children knew they had a home with them though and always would regardless if they were alive or dead.

"So he gave that all too me?" Yamari questioned after Momma Oak finished telling him everything he received from Mr. Oak.

"Yes hon. Under one condition though," she said making him hum non verbally tellingly her to continue.

"You have to make sure them five children is always taken care of cause' I ain't-I understand ma'am," Yamari cut her off not wanting her to complete that sentence.

They continued to talk about how everything was going to go now pertaining the will.

Yamari's life had truly taken a turn for the better after the birth of his daughter.

Though, sometimes bad things would happen but that's life-it's never just peaches and cream. But, now it really was peaches and cream. Everyone around him loved him. Everything was everything.