𝟏𝟗

CHAPTER NINETEEN
--
YAMARI KINGSTON
House of Wings
Miami FL

Walking out of the chicken place with both hands holding plastic bags full of plates.

Yazmyn had been calling Yamari back to back talking about a wing spot they use to go when they parents use to actually care for them. After almost half a day of going down memories lane Yamari remembered the place and ordered food for everyone.

Someone came up to the door opening holding it for him. Looking at the lady from his peripheral vision before turning his head to met with a face he never thought he'd see again.

"Auntie" he said out-loud before thinking.

"Mari," Amari looked at the young man in front of her. Her only nephew that she hadn't seen since he was about Ari age.

Engulfing her in hug rocking side to side. This was his favorite person when his grandmother wasn't in Florida.

Her mother, Momma Jo had called CPS multiple times for the sack of the children but with her criminal record they always just threw the case out. If she could she could she would've had Amari, Yazmyn, Yamari, and Arielle holding hands running into the sunset with her.

Her mother fought for so long it killed her then, she fought so long her brother got a restraining order against her. The two shared a father but had too different mothers.

With Dashawn living with both his mother, Jasmine and their father, Trey he watched his father beat is mother black and blue then turned around and did the same to him. He was truly a product of his environment. A cycle of abuse that he passed onto his kids.

Jo also fought for him but she was already fighting charges against her because she at one point in time would die for Trey that was until she had Amari, she made her want to live longer. He hated that so he decided to not father Amari because he no longer had control over her mother.

Trey loved control. It was like fuel that kept his heart pumping and breathe in his body. He had Dashawn doing drugs as young as eight with his mother right beside him. Dashawn didn't finish school past third grade because his father had him so out of it he couldn't focus on school.

Trey later died of AIDs but that didn't stop Dashawn and his mother addiction. Jasmine killed herself not long after the death of Trey leaving Dashawn with dirt to eat. So as he got older he meet Yamari's mother, Jazmyn and was able to control the naïve girl. Being that they met when he was twenty-five and she was fifteen running away from an already abusive situation.

That's why with Yamari having a child coming into this world in a few months he was going to continue therapy with Bleu. He was currently trying to persuade Yazmyn to attend as well because he refused for his future niece or nephew to be apart of that abusive ass cycle because their mother didn't heal from her past.

After finishing their conversation, they exchanged numbers before heading different directions. Yamari smiled big all the way home.

◦ ◦ ◦

Yazmyn's House
Fort Lauderdale FL

"Is she doing well?" Yazmyn excitedly asked after listening to Yamari tell her about his encounter with their aunt.

Yazmyn favored her as well. With them being only ten years apart her and Amari once use to be connected at the hip. Yazmyn was Amari's babydoll.

Nodding his head, "She just moved back. After the death of her mother she was adopted by some folks in Atlanta" he informed her before eating another chicken wing.

They continued to talk about their aunt concluding their night with walking next door to Yamari's house to join the family night.

Yazmyn looked around like actually looked around and realized they were truly living the life. She was going to go to therapy because after their conversation she realized she hadn't truly healed from being under the care of her parents.

At thirty she was still afraid to sleep with a light off and any noise in the house while she laid in bed made her immediately think her father was coming for in her room to molest her again as she pleaded for her mother.

She had to do therapy before her baby came. She just had to she was not repeating that cycle.