𝟎𝟖

CHAPTER EIGHT
--
OMNISCIENT
Prevail Recovery Cent.
Oakland Park FL

A WEEK LATER sitting at a table in the recreation room doing an Anxiety Relief word search. Chewing on the straw from his fruit punch Caprisun that sat untouched beside his second number two pencil in case the one in his hand lead tip becomes too dull.

"Yamari Kingston," a pale-skinned nurse voiced from the opposite side of room looking around for the patient.

Raising his hand after closing his word search and grabbing it while she walked towards him to push him in his wheelchair.

"You have a visitor, Bleu Williams," she said pushing him to the visiting room not giving him a chance to respond.

Shocked was an understatement. She was the last person he expected to be his visitor; not that he expected any, anyways. His grandmother was elderly and didn't drive so she would need a ride to visit. Yazymn was always working, Arielle's car was currently in the shop, and Ari was six if she could she would be there every day if it was up to her-it wasn't though so she would see him when she sees him.

Looking into the room he saw Bleu sitting at a table on the left side of the room. Getting closer he stared at her bare face in admiration. The nurse left him directly across from her, she didn't even smile or acknowledge him.

Waving his hand in her face she looked at him with a small smile before just looking at him, he looked so good from the neck up besides small scratches here and there, examining his lower body she felt horrible about his left arm being in the sling and his right leg being in a cast.

She hadn't slept nor eaten since going to the hospital; seeing him like that didn't help her mind. She felt like she was the cause of all this with her black cloud over her head. That has followed her throughout life.

She put a few envelopes in front of him standing up kissing him on his right cheek before walking out of the visitor room leaving Yamari confused.

◦ ◦ ◦

Williams Residence
Miami FL

Sitting on the living room couch sitting beside Jamie watching Dora the Explorer holding Bunny.

Knowing this was her comfort show Jamie side-eyed her knowing something was wrong with her child not only from the drained look she was presenting but anytime something was going wrong in her life she watches Dora the Explorer. It brings back the joy of life before everything happened.

Smiling brightly repeating 'Swiper, No Swiping' with Dora and Boots before Swiper took Dora's ribbon throwing it.

Seeing the screen go black she frowned turning to her right seeing her mother have the remote in hand looking at her. Knowing this was about to be a 'mother-daughter talk' Bleu mentally rolled her eyes.

"Talk," Jamie instructed her to do because closed mouthes don't get fed and she cannot help if Bleu doesn't talk. Bleu stared at her with an unreadable expression written across her face.

"Want to talk to Yamari? I can call him for you" Jamie said picking Bleu's space black IPhone before Bleu snatched it from her hold shaking her head no.

"He's in rehab you won't be able to get in contact with him," Bleu said nearly inaudible Jamie face expressed sympathy.

"What if I lose him too? He's my only friend. It seems like whatever God you pray too doesn't like me much" Bleu said shrugging her shoulders, silently crying tightly holding Bunny in her left arm.

Pulling Bleu into her embrace, "Everyone has their time here on this Earth. Sometimes it's earlier than you expect but that's life, baby. Now as for Yamari it wasn't his time so while he does his stay in the rehab facility, maybe you should look into therapy. You still haven't healed from what was." Jamie elucidated making eye-contact with Bleu to show her the seriousness of her statement. Bleu shook her head in obedience. Snuggling more into her mother inhaling her sweet, vanilla scent getting sleepy.

◦ ◦ ◦

Prevail Recovery Cent.
Oakland Park FL

9:59PM Yamari laid awake looking up at the ceiling of the room he would be staying in for the next sixty days.

He should be sleep due to breakfast was served at eight in the morning on the dot. With the weird interaction with Bleu, she had been invading his mind all day. The envelopes she had given him sat unopened under his pillow.

Thinking about his family at home he slyly smiled thinking about how proud they would be of him completing rehab. His eyes began to become low indicating he was going to sleep. He smiled happily, Bleu finally stopping invading his mind and he could sleep thinking about his family.

He wanted to make them happy. Them being happy made him happy.