𝟎𝟎

PROLOGUE
--
OMNISCIENT | 2006
Williams Residence
Jonesboro AR

Six year old Bleu sat in the living room of her parents townhouse watching Dora the Explorer play loudly on the television unaware of the sound of her father's fist to her mother's body while her mother pleaded for the pain to stop.

This was a everyday thing. He would come home drunk and she would be his punching bag. Bleu would sit and watch television as instructed by her father so they could played their game.

Unfortunately this day Bleu wanted a snack. She always had to ask one of her parents before just grabbing anything out of the pantry-a whooping from her mother would be her punishment. Her father never put his hands on her no matter the circumstances; she was his little princess.

Getting up from her sit on the couch leaving her Bunny, her favorite stuffed animal she got two years ago for her birthday.

Walking to through the hallway to their bedroom door. Twisting the knob trying to get into the room scrunching her face up in confusion when it didn't immediately open like it normally would:

She balled her hand into a fist about to knock until a gun shot went off scaring the child onto her the floor.

Hearing three more gun shots causing the child to loudly cry from the fact her Dora the Explorer night gown was wet.

Bleu sat near her parents room door crying, not because of what was behind the door because to her they were playing their game. She cried due to the fact she peed herself when the first shot went off.

Big girls don't pee on themselves anymore. Something her mother instilled in her-she would get a whooping for it every-time.

After not hearing any movement from her parents room she stood up from the piss spot on the wood vinyl flooring balling her fist into a ball knocking on the door.

"Daddy," she loudly whimpered.

After waiting a moment and not receiving a response she just decided to tell him what happened, "Daddy I peed," she yelled trying to get a response from her father.

Not receiving a response she kept knocking until she eventually figured they were sleep.

Walking to the kitchen she slide a stool from the counter to the sink putting the stopper in running water.

Going back into her room to grab a another night gown and underwear before grabbing her soap and bath toys out her bathroom.

Bleu didn't know how to work her bathtub to give herself a bath but lucky she knew how to use the kitchen sink which would be enough for slightly underweight child.

Going to the kitchen to see the sink nearly overflown she hurriedly turned the water off before putting herself in the sink with her toys.

Sitting in the sink singing along with Dora the Explorer that still loudly played in the living room while playing with her bath toys.

Unaware of the police officers preparing to knock the door off the hinges.

Bleu stood in the sink starting to clean herself seeing the officers kick through the front door causing her once again pee.

Looking away the four male officers quickly walked towards the back of the house letting the female officer, Jamie calm the hysterically crying child that shook with fear.

"I peed," Bleu said lowly to Jamie that had her wrapped in a towel distracting the already clueless child from the male officers preparing to kick the bedroom door down.

Covering Bleu ears from the loud sirens coming from the police cars, she took the child towards the elderly neighbor, Mrs. Ann whom had called, informing her on the child's accident.

Handed the child to the Mrs. Ann running back to the Bleu's house to grab her clothing and a few toys.

Hearing her colleagues yell at the man that stood frozen over a dead woman.

Running into the Mrs. Ann house seen Bleu taking a proper bath smiling and talking up a storm currently clueless on what was going on in her house right next door.

Five shots went off letting the two woman know exactly what has happened. Bleu's parents were gone.

After, Blue's bath Officer Jamie Finish sat her at the dining room table where Mrs. Ann had three hot plates of food sitting at the table for the trio.

Bleu ate and started telling the two about her parents game, her television time, and that she wanted a snack.

Night had fallen on the trio with Jamie leaving the child with Mrs. Ann for the night and tomorrow they would figure out what will happen with Bleu..

✦ ✦ ✦

2012
Davis Residence

"I MADE A ONE-HUNDRED ON MY TEST" a excited twelve year old Bleu yelled walking into the quiet home of Mrs. Ann, her grandmother-legal guardian by state.

Not getting a response nor smelling the aroma of food she frowned confusingly. Mrs. Ann always had something on the stove for the child after school.

Walking up the stairs to her grandmothers room lightly knocking not receiving a reply.

She pushed the door open seeing her grandmother still in the same clothes from the night before as if she hadn't been out of bed throughout the day. Walking towards her not getting a physical reaction she loudly called out her name.

Running to the neighbors house letting them know what was going on so they could call the police while hysterically crying.

Sitting on the grass of Mrs. Ann's yard looking into to sky questioning God why.

Why her? Why them? Why can't you let someone stay for me?