𝟎𝟓

CHAPTER FIVE
--
BLEU WILLIAMS
Williams Residence
Miami FL

Shit, I love you for lovin' it
Ya heard me?
'Cause I love this shit
I'll sit in here all day

"Ion need no bitch, no nothin" Bleu said along with Kevin Gates driving into the driveway of Officer Jamie, her mothers driveway.

After putting her car in park and turning off the engine, she headed towards the chestnut-colored panel door. Making silly faces while looking at the RING camera well aware that her mother was always monitoring the cameras regardless of where she was or what she was doing.

Officer Jamie fought in court for her following the passing of her grandmother. She battled the system with everything she had to prevent Bleu from entering the corrupt system.

As an officer, she had firsthand knowledge of how children had been mistreated in the system, and she was determined to save Bleu from anymore suffering than she had previously endured.

Jamie gave Bleu a well-needed hug after she opened the front door. Because of how quickly her life had been going, she hadn't seen her mother in more than three months, but that didn't stop her from calling frequently. Random phone calls where they are both were just sitting and talking while running errands or just simply watching their favorite television series.

Jamie is aware that Bleu doesn't talk much, and who can blame her? She experienced experiences that neither a six-year-old nor a twelve-year-old child should ever go through.

While the two enjoying their Arnold Palmers on the back porch swing, Jamie quizzed Bleu, "So what's new?"

"I have a friend now," Bleu replied shrugging her shoulder as if it wasn't nothing major.

After a moment of silence, Bleu looked up from her drink, seeing Jamie smiling widely.

"That's big. Where you met her at? School" Jamie questioned the smile never disappearing from her face.

"I met him at the club" Bleu said making sure to highlighting that her new companion was a man and not a woman.

Jamie already was aware of Bleu's job occupation and one-hundred percent supported her. Jamie smirked at her as she knocked her shoulder. She was already surprised she had made a friend, so the addition information that it is a male friend only surprised her more.

They continued their conversation about Yamari before Bleu's ringing phone interrupted them.

Yamari🫡 would like to FaceTime..

Swiping over answering the call hearing him dramatize about something that had happened not even a minute ago. Jamie discreetly walked away trying not to interrupt the conversation Bleu was having with her friend. Smiling from the screen door.

Just happy to see her happy.

◦ ◦ ◦

TGIF Fridays
Miami FL

10:00PM Bleu sat across from Yamari eating from her Bucket of Bones throughly listening to Yamari tell her about his toxicity of his homeboy's and their significant other.

Going through each-other their phones.

Smashing the windows on their brand new cars.

Licking Jolly Rachers and putting them on their car windshield.

Shooting at them at a public park.

Throwing knives at one another around their house.

Bleu thought maybe it would best if they'd just leave one another alone, Yamari agreed.

Why spend your twenties chasing and fighting for someone who evidently isn't trying to change? Your just draining yourself.

Yamari noticed Bleu's eyes starting to close, a sign that she was beginning to fall asleep. She was resisting it since she wasn't quite ready for the night to end.

Yamari paid the bill before the couple proceeded to go to his car as he helped a drowsy Bleu into the passenger seat.

Pulling up to a red light, he looked over to see Bleu lightly snoring let him know she was officially sleep.

They could continue their outing some other day.