𝟎𝟗

CHAPTER NINE
--
OMNISCIENT
Kingston Residence
Fort Lauderdale FL

TWO MONTHS LATER Derrick pulled into the driveway of the Kingston Residence with a fidgety Yamari in the backseat.

Nervous was an understatement. He was petrified on the reactions from his family members. Mrs. Hazel was having her annual Mother's Day Bar-B-Q today, unknowingly that Yamari was released two days before his actual release date.

Wiping his sweaty palms on his black Amiri jeans stepping out the car making sure he didn't crease the front of his military black Jordan 4s. Walking behind Derrick and Brandon as they walked up the side of the houses pathways that leads to the backyard after pushing the heavy maple-colored wooden gate open. Can't Leave Em' Alone could be heard as the trio of men walked on the pathway.

Finally making it to the backyard they saw family members that were what they considered themselves to be-couples, dancing in the backyard receiving praises from the other family members. Whom later would talk about them putting a phony act like they were together when in fact they were just as toxic as the people Yamari age. Or how they saw their cousins man with a pregnant girl at the local Walmart but, for now they were cheering the happy female on as she danced with her no good man.

"YAMARI!" Arielle yelled being the first to notice him, running towards the trio nearly knocking him down hugging him. Excitement was an understatement. She missed the presence of Yamari dearly for the past two months. Not being able wake up and annoy him, get random money placed in her hands, car rides around the city just because.

He was her glue. He was their glue.

Arielle and Yazmyn weren't currently talking, he wasn't there to figure out the problem, tell them right for wrong, or get them to realize they were all they got at the end of the day. It was killing the two that they were too stubborn just simply apologize to their sister so for the past four weeks they've been trying to act as if one another never existed.

Ari was doing bad in school and currently in the position to repeat first grade because without Yamari there to help her get through her night terrors that she had been having every night, she was dozing off during her lessons and just not paying attention.

Mrs. Hazel was doing the best to keep the happy facade but she felt-knew everything was calling apart without Yamari. She couldn't deal with the behavior of Ari nor the attitudes from Arielle and Yazmyn that they held against one another alone. She was sixty-five it was only so much she could do. Plus, she couldn't let them raise her blood pressure or possibly have her in the hospital from overly stressing herself, causing another seizure.

Everyone crowded the trio being nosey from the excited the four showed towards to Yamari-and would stay confused because whatever happened in the Kingston household stayed exactly where it was at.

Looking in the crowd of people he expected to see Bleu somewhere but she was nowhere to be found. Frowning his eyebrows at his immediate family they all either shrugged their shoulders or just continued to enjoy his presence.

Ari smiled showing her missing right central incisor snapping him out of the thought of Bleu. Smiling listening to her tell him how it fell out and that it was still under her pillow waiting on the Tooth Fairy to pick it up.

◦ ◦ ◦

Williams Residence
Miami FL

Bleu laid in her old bedroom at her mother house staring at the poster of Mindless Behavior with a big, red heart over Roc Royal. Lightly laughing remembering the obsession she had of him looking at the Fathead custom sticker image she has of him on the door.

Hearing her phone ringing she blocked out the noise staring off into space thinking of nothing in particular but everything in general. She was in a really bad headspace and had been for the last two months. Only leaving the bed to go to therapy and to shower, rarely eating. She had lost about ten pounds due her lack of eating.

She stopped doing her schoolwork but her professors emailed and mailed out a letter informing her she had before finals to get it together or she would not graduate this year. She didn't care though, didn't care about anything at the moment.

It was just her and the devil on her shoulder. Faulting her for everything she had no control over-things she would never have control over.

Yet she was still at fault.