Chapter 15: Heart to Heart

Jason's POV
     The past three days have been amazing and being around Savannah has been a blessing. I had seen her open up and become the girl that everyone had told me about. It had been a quiet morning, so I am assuming that they were all still in bed. It is about eleven in the morning and I am drinking a cup of coffee out on the patio listening to the waves crashing into the beach. I have my laptop in my lap typing away at a letter for my company when I hear the sliding door open.

     "Mind if I sit with you?" I look up to see my beautiful daughter standing there.

     "Don't mind at all." I smile shutting my laptop. "Is that coffee?"

     She nods smiling sitting in a chair across from me putting her legs into the chair with her. "That depends."

     "Depends on what?" I laugh as she takes a drink.

     "If you tell Asher then it is just tea. If I can get you to swear to secrecy then yeah it's coffee." She wiggles her eyebrows as she takes another sip.

     "I won't, where is he anyways?"

     "Asleep."

     "Ahh I think everyone is still in bed. You're the only one I have seen so far."

     "I say Claire and Kason in the kitchen but that was it."

     I nod "I see your big today."

     "Yeah but I am done pushing my little side away."

     "That's good." I say as we both look out onto the ocean. We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before she spoke up.

     "So we haven't really had a talk talk."

     "Talk talk about what?" I ask turning to her.

     "Well I don't know much about you. Where did you grow up? Do I still have grandparents?" She says looking from the ocean to me.

     "Well I grew up in California. My parents, your grandparents were well off. I was raise with out worries however my parents were always gone. Working or on vacation, so I had a nanny who raised me. She was an amazing women."

     "Do you still see her?"

     "No she passed away." I say as I look away from Savannah and to the horizon.

     "I am sorry."

     "It's okay I got to be there and I took care of all the expensive. That made me feel like I gave her back something after everything she did for me."

     "What about your parents?"

     "I see them every now and then but not a lot." I sigh and then look at her. "I always said I would do better than my parents and it turns up I ended up doing worse." I shake my head looking away from her as I feel tears from in my eyes. "I was never there for you at all. I was worse than my parents were."

     "You didn't even know I existed. That's not your fault. Plus you are trying to make up for it now." She is staring straight at me, her eyes piercing into my soul.

     "And I am never going anywhere. I will be making up for lost time til the day I die." I nod meaning every word with every fiber of my being.

     Savannah slowly stands up then comes over and hugs me. "You would have been an amazing Dad to grow up with. I am glad I have you in my life now."

     That brings me to more tears as squeeze her. "You would have been an amazing kid to raise. I am so thankful you're letting me be apart of your life right now." We sit there for a minute until she pulls away.