Chapter 24: I Dont Know if You Can

Aaron's POV
     Mom had convinced me earlier to come to dinner. She had said it would help show that I want to be civil. She had ordered Chinese and texted me telling me it should be here in a few.

     Once I made it down stairs I hear talking coming from the kitchen. I made my way towards it to see my Mom and Savvy in an embrace. They stood there for a minute and I watch, my parents really loved her as if she was their own. After a few seconds Savannah pulls away and looks straight at me. It's the first time I have actually paid attention to her since the wreck.

     Her eyes look almost empty as if there was a black hole. Her face contorted in pain as she looks at me. My heart instantly felt like someone was stabbing it.

     "What the fuck is he still doing here?" Asher says through his teeth pulling Savannah into his arms as if he was protecting her from me. I studied his face too and see the same thing in his eyes just hidden behind the anger boiling up in him.

     "I asked him to come, now you're all going to be civil and we will have a nice family dinner. Understand?" Mom said in a stern dominant tone. I know I am a dom however my Mom was the one dom that scares me.

     "Yes ma'am." Savvy said looking at my Mom.

     "Yes ma'am." I nod.

     "Sure." Ash grumbles and Mom glares at him.

     "Asher Blake!" She raises her voice. "Boy don't think you're to big for me to knock some sense into you." Mom stepped toe to toe with Ash. Her five foot  six stature looked small compared to his six foot three. However he backs up and nods.

     "Yes ma'am, sorry." He sighs right as the doorbell rings.

     "Foods here. Aaron go get it, Asher and Savannah go set the table." Mom orders and we all mumble yes ma'am and go do as we are told.

      Dinner was an awkward silence for the first ten minutes til Dad broke it. "So how was Mexico?"

     "Beautiful." Ash smiles and kisses Savvy's check. "And I finally got this little one back. Mexico and being alone with our friends seemed to be just the right medicine."

     "That's awesome, how was being around Jason?" Mom ask Savannah.

     "Jason? Jason Wilder?" I ask raising an eyebrow. "Why were you all with him?"

     "He's my Dad." Savannah actually turns her attention to me but quickly turn it back to Mom. "It was good we connected a lot and knowing I have family that actually cares means a lot."

     "When did that happen?" I asked still shocked at the news.

     "We found out after the wreck. He had a feeling at the party and they tested just incase I needed blood. But you wouldn't know that because you were to busy up your ex's ass who tried to kill me. Oh and let's not forget you were to busy being a dick to us." She points to Ash and herself. "But now you want to come back like nothing happened and eat dinner with us acting like you didn't call me names like slut and whore. Well guess what you can't! You can't take away all the shit you did." She pushes her chair back and huffs. "Excuse me I can't be around him right now." She then runs out of the room and upstairs.

     "You're going to let her talk like that?" I look at Ash as the anger build up inside me.

     "Usually no but that's been mouths of hurt and sadness built up. Aaron this isn't something that is going to be easy for you to fix. When you lost your memory you lost your heart. Not remembering is one thing but I have never in my life seen you that mean or hateful. You broke all the trust we had in you and then stomped on it a thousand times." He sighs. "Plus Aaron you don't know what she went through. She didn't even go into little space til last week. Aaron she has been broken and just a zombie walking around for months." Tears were building in his eyes and I can feel tears already falling down my face. "You broke me too. It was suppose to be you and me against the world but you choose the girl who has no heart. All she wanted was our money and you went back to her. You wouldn't listen to me, or Mom, or Dad. We tried to show you proof and you wouldn't even entertain it."

     "I am sorry I was missing so much. It's like the puzzle was missing twenty pieces out of a hundred. I was lost, but I am back now. So how can I fix this?" I cry out.

     Ash shakes his head and shrugs. "I don't know Aaron. I just don't know if you can." He turns around walking out of the room as he cries.