Chapter 23: The Problem

Max's POV
     "Daddy Savannah isn't answering me!" Ann whined stomping into the living room with her phone in her hand.

      "Baby she is probably busy with Ash, Linda and Ted." I look up from my book shaking my head.

     "She promised she would FaceTime me so I could say hi to grandma Linda and Grandpa Ted." She stomps her foot and crosses her arms. "Call Uncle Asher right now Daddy!!!"

     "Young lady you might want to watch it." I glared at her as my voice drops an octave. She opens her mouth then shuts it very fast when she see the look I am giving her. "You don't demand anything little girl now come here." She gulps and slowly walks towards me. Once she is standing in between my legs I put my hands on the back of her upper thighs right below he ass checks. "Honey she is probably busy. Be patient dear." I sigh and shake my head. "How about we play a game?"

     "A game?"

     "Yes a game go get one out of the closet and we will play it okay?"

     She nods and runs off to get a game. We were halfway through the game clue when my phone starts to ring. I pull it out of my pocket and see Asher name along with a photo of him and in Alaska.

     "What's up Ash? Y'all having fun with your parents?" I say as Ann looks at me excited.

     "Aaron remembers and wants us back......" Asher blurts out causing me to freeze wondering if I heard what he really just said. "He remembers........."

     "What happened?" I ask.

     "He just stoped us as we were coming in and said he remembers and that he is sorry." I hear a sob come from the other end of the phone as Ash begins to cry. "I don't know what to do Max."

     "Hey man it is okay. I know this has to be a lot but right now you just need to breath. There is no need for you to know what to do yet. He is your brother and he hurt you. But Ash you don't have to lose him forever."

     "So what I should just forgive him for everything?"

     "I am not saying that. I am just saying you don't have to decide now. Give yourself time to cope with it."

     "What about Savannah?"

     "What about her? She will have to make her own decision. Listen Ash she will go with you and do what you do. To be honest Savannah will forgive him that's just who she is however she will do whatever you want."

     "What if she shuts down again?"

     "I don't think she will this time. You and her have a stronger bond now. She knows you're not going to leave."

     "Of course I am not."

     "I know that and now she does too. She shut down because she was scarred you would leave too. When you didn't you solidified your relationship."

     "DADDY!!!!" I hear Savannah cry from the other side of the phone.

     "She's awake man I got to go."

     "Bye Ash keep me updated. Go take care of your baby girl." I say. "Love you brother."

     "Love you too Max." He says and then the other end goes dead.

     "Daddy what's going on?" Ann pulls my attention back to her.

     "Shit just hit the fan again." I sigh and turn my attention back to the game. All we can do now is wait and see how it plays out.

Savannah's POV
     I wake up feeling like my head is pounding. For a split second I forget what happened and then it hits me like a ton of bricks. Aaron remembers, what's that mean? Does he want to come back to us? Will Ash want him back? Do I want him back?

     I look around and don't see Ash anywhere in his room. The emptiness scares me a little and I can't help but cry out. "DADDY!!" I am greeted by more silence and I start to panic as the tears form. "DADDY!!!"

     "I am here baby." I hear his voice as he comes out of the bathroom. "I am so sorry love, Daddy had to pee." He grabs me and pulls me to his chest. "Ssshhh baby girl, Daddy's here." He was trying to be strong but his eyes were red and puffy from crying himself. He needed to put his mind on something else. I could help him with that. As a daddy dom he lives to take care of his little and I know right now he is scarred he will lose that again because of Aaron. But he won't it's Ash and I against the world. He showed me that these past couple of months.

     "Daddy I head hurz." I whine point to my forehead.

     "Oh no your head hurts?" He kissed my hair and I nod. "Well let's go get that fixed." He carries me downstairs to the kitchen and gets into the cabinet with the medicine in it. He grabs Advil, sits me on the counter and then goes to make me a water. Once he makes a sippy cup of water he gives me the medicine and the cup.

     I take it and hug him. "Tank chu Daddy."

     "Is that my little Savvy I hear?" Ted's voice drifts from the hall way as he walks into the kitchen.

     "Grandpa!!!" I cheer bouncing off the counter and running into his arms.

     He picks me up and starts to spin us around in a circle. "God I have missed our little Savvy. Hey Ash why don't you go get your mother she's going to want to be here while she's little. We haven't seen Savannah like this in months." He says to Ash.

     "You're probably right." Ash nods and kissed my forehead. "I will be right back sweetie." He walks out of the kitchen and I my head turn towards Grandpa so I can give him puppy dog eyes. "We has ice cweam?"

     "Have you had dinner yet?"

     "Nuuuu." I pout. "Ice cweam fo winner."

     "No way your Daddy will kill me." He shakes his head and tickles my sides.

    "But Grandpa." I whine pushing his hands away and pouting giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

     "No Savannah now stop that! I can't." He tries to give me a stern look.

     "Butt head!" I pout as I glare at him.

     "Savannah Marie!" Asher's stern voice had me turn around to see him and his Mom standing in the doorway.

     When my eyes meet his I let out a small whimper as he glares. "Sorry Grandpa."

     "Maybe if you're good I can convenience them after dinner." He winks at me and nods his head towards his wife. "Now go see your Grandma before she has a heart attack from waiting so long."

     I run across the kitchen and wrap my arms around her as she does the same. "God it's so good to have you all home."

     I nod not letting go. She's right it was great to be home however there was one tiny problem. I pull away from her hug feeling refreshed until I see the problem standing in the hall looking at us.