Chapter 25: We are a team.

Savannah POV
     I heard the door open and turned to see Asher in tears. I run to him and wrap him in my arms as he balls. "Ssshhhhhh it's okay it will be okay." I whisper as I pull him to the bed and sit up against the head bored as he lays his head in my lap and cries. I just sit there and run my fingers for his shaggy hair. He cried for a while enough that my legs feel asleep but I didn't dare move. Asher needed this, I wasn't the only one who bottled things up over the past couple of months.

     "I am sorry Savannah." He whispers while he sits up.

     "Why?"

     "I shouldn't have done this."

     I pause for a minute and just stare at him. "Are you serious right now?" This time he just stares at me lost. "Asher, listen to me and listen good. We are in a relationship! Yes half the time I am in a little head space and I need you to take care of me but the other half of the time I am a strong independent women. That means I can sometimes take care of you. Never be sorry for needing me to be an adult and needing my help. Whether it's an errand, you need to vent, or you just need to cry on my lap. I love you Asher Blake Harrison and we are a team. Understand?"

     He smirks a little bit and nods "Yes ma'am."

     "Hmmm I kind of like that."

     "Don't get used to it young lady." He tickles me and I start to giggle.

      "Swop!!!" I scream between breaths.

     "And there is my little one." He smiles and kisses my head. "Disney movie?"

     "Beauty and the Beast?"

      "Of course but first go brush your teeth and let's get you changed and ready for bed."

     He gets up and picks me up carrying me to the bathroom. We get ready for bed and then lay down to watch the movie.

The rest of the weekend was tense and felt like everyone was walking on egg shells. Going back to school made me happy, I was away from Aaron and I didn't have to deal with Asher giving him the stink eye. We were in our own space and it was like a breath of fresh air.

     We had just finish dinner and Ash had given me a bath and got me dressed for bed. He told me to go play or watch tv for a little bit so he could shower. I went into the living room, turned on cartoons and sat at the coffee table with a Disney coloring book and crayons. It hadn't been sitting there long when my phone started to ring. I got up and went to where I left it on the kitchen island to see my Dad was calling me.

     "Hey Dad." I had started calling him Dad right at the end of our trip and seeing his face light up when I called him that was an amazing feeling. He had been on a business trip since Wednesday where he didn't have much cell service so I hadn't got to talk to him.

     "Hey hun how was your visit to Linda and Ted's?"

     "Ummm well." I sigh wondering how to say this. "It was awkward. Aaron was there and he..... he...... um he remembers now."

     "Oh honey..... how are you doing?"

     "It is awkward. I just don't know what to do." I take a deep breath in and sigh. "I want to be happy. I want to jump with joy that he remembers and I want to hope things can go back to normal but I don't think they can. I don't know if I can forgive him for what he did when he didn't remember."

     "Thats all understandable. Savannah you have been through a lot and what he did was not okay whether he remembered or not. It will take time and the good thing is you don't have to decided how you want to feel about it right now. Take some time to think about it and think about what you really want."

     "Okay Dad, I think I can do that."

     "Good girl, now I sadly have to jump
off here. I will talk to you tomorrow and maybe when I come back into town on Wednesday we can meet up for dinner."

     "Sounds good, be safe bye."

      "Bye Savannah, I love you hun."

      "Love you too Dad." I hung up and put my phone back down going back to coloring.

     Once Ash got out of the shower we went to bed. I passed out fast and didn't wake up til Asher's alarm in his phone started screaming. I groan and roll over putting the pillow over my head just for him to pull it away and tell me it was time to get up.

     I was basically a limp noddle all morning and just let Ash carry me around and get me ready.

     "Daddy I don't want to go." I whine as he grabs both our backpacks and carries me out the door.

     "I know baby but you have to." He says as he kisses my head and walks to my first class. My first set of classes seemed to drag on and took everything in me not to just fall asleep. But once it was finally study hall time I started to perk up. I would get to see my friends. Ash picks me up from class and we head to our normal spot.

     "How was your morning love?" He ask as he grabbed my hand.

      "It's been okay I am just tired." I lean into his side as we walk.

      "Well it will be nap time soon." He smiles as he lets go of my hand and then puts it over my shoulder. We stay quiet for the rest of the walk. We were the first ones in our spot so we both sat down and started working on homework.

     "Hey guys how are you all?" Max walks up with Ann giving us a shy smile. As if he was walking on egg shells.

     "Surviving." Ash smiles and the sit down Ann across from to me and Max next to her. The rest start to piling in and start on their own work. It was five minutes in when Aaron walks in and sits at our table. Everyone freezes and the air feels thin and tense

     No one moves and all of us just look at Aaron flabbergasted. "Ummmm hey guys. I ummm just came to apologize to all of you all. I know that I said a lot of hurtful things and miss treated you guys. But now I remember and I feel awful. I just hope one day you all can forgive me. I know I have a lot to make up for."

     "You're right you have a lot to make up for." Ben glares at Aaron and shakes his head. "But it's nice to have the actual Aaron back."

     Aaron blushes and sighs "Thanks man um I guess I will leave you all alone now." He stands up and goes to leave when Ash cleared his throat.

     "It's a free country you don't have to." Is all he says not even looking up from him paper. Aaron hesitates then nods sitting back down. I roll my eyes and ignore them all. I guess we are being slightly friendly now.