Part 5 - Bahrain GP

I woke up to the sound of an alarm waking me up and I was not happy about it. I was trying to reach to turn it off when I heard someone come into the room and try and turn it off. I originally thought it was Sydney but when I opened my eyes I automatically noticed it was Lewis and I realized I wasn't in my hotel room. I jumped out the bed feeling super embarrassed. I must have forgot I had went over to his motor home last night, I have been feeling so much pressure recently I've keep forgetting what I'm doing.

"I uh, I'm so sorry"

"Don't worry Y/N I didn't want to wake you last night so I took the spare room"

When I looked back at the alarm clock and saw that the time was 6:30am I groaned as I was still tired from the night before. Lewis asked me if I wanted anything for breakfast and I thought I'd just have a fruit salad as that's what I normally have. After breakfast I'd noticed that I was still in my Ferrari clothes from the previous day and told Lewis I had to go back to my hotel room to change. In which he replied with,

"No need, I already stopped at your hotel and got you some clothes while I was on the way back from the supermarket for breakfast"

At first I thought this was weird but a nice gesture and of course he picked out my Mercedes clothing. And so I was wearing black leggings, a Mercedes hoodie and cap with my white air-forces. I questioned why he was up so early and I realized it was race day and he had to be at the track in an hour. He had also asked if I'd like to go to the track with him and I decided since I had nothing else to do with my life I said yes.

After I was ready to go Lewis got Roscoe and handed his leash to me. We walked to his Mercedes and I got in the passenger seat. Luckily for us there was no paparazzi yet. I thought there was some awkwardness so I decided to say something.

"Thank you, for last night I really enjoyed my self. I never thought I would be friends with you, I've always admired your determination for racing since me and my dad used to always watch the races on the weekends together, but now that he's gone I don't only watch it for myself I watch it for him too."

"Well- I don't know what to say other thank thank you. I'm also glad we are friends and I'll dedicate this race to your father and try and win for him"

"Thank you Lewis it means a lot, also tonight i was invited to Ferrari's team dinner with Charles and Carlos I wish you could come but it seems awkward because your Mercedes and your probably busy anyway I mean your Lewis Hamilton"

We both fell silent after that

We eventually arrived to the track and scanned our passes. We then went into the Mercedes garage and I went into Lewis' room with Roscoe for a bit as it was only 8:00am and Lewis was out on a run with Angela.

~Lewis' POV~

I can't get Y/N out of my head. She's amazing I wish I could have known her a while ago. But I felt kind sad when she said she was going to Ferrari's team dinner as I was going to ask her to go to Mercedes one tonight. I should probably get back to the garage and prepare for the race.

When I got back I saw Y/N playing with Roscoe and a huge smile appeared on my face and I think most people in the garage saw it especially George, Toto and Angela. I knew I wasn't going to hear the end of this. And so I walked into my room to talk to Y/N.

~Back to Y/N~

"Oh hey Lewis. How was your run?"

"Yea it was good it helps clear my mind before the race"

"Well, don't you have meetings to go to?" I questioned

"Unfortunately yes, I'll try and be back as soon as possible"

"Nono take your time Lewis I'll probably take Roscoe out for a walk anyway"

Lewis then left to go to the meetings and interviews and I decided to take Roscoe around the paddock and see if I could meet anyone.

When walking Roscoe around, Carlos came up behind me, he said hi and asked if he could join me. I didn't want to sound rude so I said yes.

I got to know Carlos a bit better and he said he was excited for me to join Ferrari tonight for their team dinner. He then had to leave to get ready and I thought I'd call Sydney and ask her to go to the Mercedes garage. It didn't take long to get a response and when I got to the Mercedes garage she was already there.

"OMG who's dog is this, he's so cute"

"I know right, it's actually Lewis' dog Roscoe"

We were both laughing and talking about stuff when I got to Lewis' room he was still in interviews so me and Sydney decided to sit down and talk while petting Roscoe. I had asked Sydney why she had to leave right after the quali yesterday and she whispered in my ear that she was with Lando. I was shocked I didn't know what to say and Sydney turned red when she noticed Lewis was standing at the door hoping he didn't here what she said ( luckily for her he didn't).

"Hey Y/N who is this?"

"Hey Lewis this is my best friend, Sydney"

They both said hi and Lewis said he had to get ready for the race and me and Sydney had to go find out seat for the race so we all said bye to each other and we left to find out seats.

It was now 14:30pm and the race was starting in 30 minutes and I was so nervous for Lewis as I wanted him to do well I was also cheering for Charles and Carlos. Soon enough it was lights out and the cars were going into turn one.

On lap 20 there was a yellow flag with a safety car coming out as Alonso had crashed into Gasly, leaving debris all over the track. This gave Mercedes the chance to swap Lewis' and George's tires.

The race finished Lewis P1, Max P2, Charles P3, Carlos P4 and George just behind in P5 and I couldn't be more happier with the result.

I then told Sydney I had to rush back to the hotel to get ready for the Ferrari team dinner. And she told me she'd be back in a bit she had to go and see Lando in McLaren first.

Since I didn't have time I decided to send Lewis a message of congratulations and that I'll give him a proper congratulations tomorrow when I'm free.

I then got back to my hotel room to change.