Part 25 - "I'll Protect You With My Life"

It's been a few weeks since telling Lew about the pregnancy and even though they had been a race in between, the days he had off, he treated me like royalty. I had gone to the doctors with Lew a few days prior and found out I was 8 weeks and 2 day along. We left the hospital with huge smiles on our faces.

However, when exiting the hospital I looked across the parking lot and my heart stopped, my abusive ex, Chris was standing a few cars from us looking at me with the scariest grin ever.

"Lew" I said trembling

"Y/N? What's wrong, it's not the baby is it?"

"No it's Chris..."

"Who's Chris"

"My ex... the abusive ex" I said trying not to seem weak and cry

"Let's get you out of here and home"

When we got home I went straight to our bedroom and cried into the pillow.

"Y/N look at me" Lew said in a gently voice while rubbing his hand on my back

I turned to look at him

"He cannot hurt you, I won't let him hurt you I'll protect you with my life Y/N. He will not ruin this beautiful journey for us ok? Do not let that man bring you down anymore than he already has"

I just sunk into his arms not knowing what to say to him.

"Right we are going to get him out of your mind and we are going to spend the day at home, watching movies, tv shows, documentaries... with snacks and vegan ice cream how does that sound?"

"Perfect. Just perfect Lew"

"Anything for you Y/N, right I'm gonna go and get the stuff. Will you be alright here with Roscoe?"

"Yes I'll be fine just don't be too long ok?"

"I'll be back before you know it"

Lewis then left and I went down stairs to play with Roscoe.

However, after around 15 minutes the ring door bell went if notifying that someone was at the door. I thought it was Lew but when I checked the ring camera I saw it was Chris. My heart stopped and a panic attack was brought on. I immediately called Lew but the words weren't leaving my mouth. Lewis sounded really worried but fortunately Roscoe knew something was up and placed his head on my leg to help stop me panicking.

~Lewis' POV-

I was at the supermarket picking up the things for the movie day when I got a call from Y/N I answered and I heard Y/N shaking breath while she was trying to talk.

"Y/N what's wrong is everything ok?"

"Lew, he's here"

"Who's there Y/N?" I got a muffled response which I couldn't understand very well "Right Im paying and I'll be home in a couple of minutes"

I rushed back home after paying to find nobody outside, I unlocked the door to find Y/N on the floor with her eyes shut with Roscoe on her lap.