Part 6 - Team Dinner

When I got back to my hotel room, I decided to take a shower and get ready for the team dinner. I decided to wear a red dress, black heels along with a black leather jacket. I put my makeup on and curled my hair and in 45 minutes I received a text from Carlos to let me know he was outside.

I won't lie I was a little confused as Charles said he would be picking me up, I thought nothing of it at the time but I thought I'd question it once I got in the car.

When leaving the hotel I saw Carlos leaning against his Ferrari and I waved to him and said hi. He then opened the passenger door and offered his hand to help me in. He then made his way round to the driver seat.

"Thank you for taking me to the venue but I'm just curious how come you picked me up instead of Charles?"

"Oh Charles asked me to pick you up he said he had to do something before making his way to the venue. It's not an issue is it?"

"No no I was just confused when I received the message, it isn't an issue at all"

We talked for 10 minutes before arriving at the restaurant, obviously only the team would be in there as it was a private event. When we entered some of the team where already there and were sat down, I went round the table trying to find my name and I found it in between Carlos and Charles and I was ok with it as I wanted to catch up with Charles and get to know Carlos anyway.

Both me and Carlos sat in our seats and started talking.

"So Y/N, how have you enjoyed the first race of the season so far"

"Well Carlos let's say it was a roller coaster, I forgot how great F1 is and how much I missed it over the winter break it definitely completes my life, even though I am a Mercedes fan Ferrari does have a place in my heart for Charles and you"

"I'm really glad to here it" he said

About 5 minutes later, Charles enters the restaurant and I gestured him over to sit next to me.

We all started taking and congratulating Charles and Carlos for their first race of the season and how they performed in it and any improvements they felt they would need. I decided to order a vegan salad as I wasn't that hungry and had a strict diet I also may or may not have had a few too many glasses of champagne.

The rest of the night was pretty much a blur but there was one part I remember clearly. Carlos had realized I had a few too many glasses of champagne and wine and tried to tell me I should head home and I was saying no he then tried to touch my shoulder to comfort me away from the restaurant. And I started shouting and ended up making myself a bit upset and got overwhelmed in the moment. I then suddenly started to have a panic attack (they happen often when I get stressed or overwhelmed). I couldn't handle being in the restaurant any longer and so I got up and left the restaurant. I then for some reason called Lewis and told him I was drunk and that I thought I was having a panic attack, Lewis asked for my location and was on his way.

Lewis got to the restaurant 10 minutes later and found me on the floor crying my eyes out and heavily breathing not being able to control my feelings.

Lewis walked up to me and picked me up and hugged me tightly. I buried my eyes into his chest and I could feel my tears running down my cheeks. I could hear Lewis telling Charles that he would take me back to my hotel and he would tell me to call him when I was ok. Everything else in the evening was a complete blur.