Part 12 - Meeting the Family

Oh god. Today is the day I get too meet Lewis' family and I'm so nervous I don't want to have an anxiety attack. I'm sure I'll be fine. Lewis has been reassuring me that everything will go well and I've tried to be positive but the thought of them not liking me kept me up all night.

I decided to get showered and dressed and wore this:

Lewis said I looked amazing and kissed me. Hearing him say that made me feel confident and excited. We then got into his car and drove to his parents house. On the way I decided to message Sydney.

"Hey Syd, how's it going?"

"Hey Y/N, you'll never guess what, Lando asked me out"

"Oh My God, no way I'm so happy for you"

"Thank you, how are you and Lewis doing"

"We are doing so good, I told him everything about my past and he was so considerate and patient about it I was so relieved when I told him, it actually seems like he cares and I thought I'd never find someone like him. But we are now currently on our way to his dad's house to meet his family and I'm kinda nervous I'm not gonna lie"

"Y/N you are gonna be fine, you are the most genuine person I know, they are gonna love you"

"Thanks Syd I needed that, I will FaceTime you later I miss you and love you"

"I miss and love you too Y/N"

I put my phone on my lap, looked at Lewis and smiled at him and he said to me,

"I love you so much Y/N I hope you know that"

I blushed when he said that, he made all my problems float away as it they didn't exist and soon enough we had reached his dad's house.

"Okay we are here, don't worry Y/N they are going to absolutely love you I just know it"

"I hope so" i simply said

We got out the car and walked up the driveway, Lewis knocked on the door and a few seconds later his dad Anthony opened the door, he hugged and greeted us both and invited us inside. When we entered the living area Lewis' mum Carmen stood up smiling and hugged me tightly before letting go and saying,

"It's so nice to meet you Y/N"

"Thank you Carmen, it's lovely to meet you too"

Then his step-mum stood up and also hugged me and greeted me hello.

I think they could tell I was nervous and Lewis held my hand and squeezed it lightly. It was just the 5 of us for a while until Lewis' half-brother Nicolas arrived. He apologised for being late but we reassured him it was fine and we sat down to have lunch together. I decided not to have anything as I wasn't hungry, everyone tried to convince me but I was fine I just decided to have a glass a water. Lewis and I then had to leave as we still had to pack for Saudi Arabia since we were leaving the next day. We all said goodbye and I thanked them for having me over and how it was lovely to meet them.

We got back in the car and Lewis saw how relieved I was that it went well and he joked,

"See they ain't that bad are they"

"Haha no Lewis they are amazing"

Lewis smiled at me happy that I liked his family and we drove home with his hand on my thigh, both of us talking about the future of us and I was so excited for what was ahead.