Part 24 - Silverstone GP + The Reveal

Today is the today I decided to tell Lewis I was pregnant.

However I decided to tell Lewis after the race as I didn't know how he would react. Especially because he is starting P1 and I want him to be in a good mindset for the race.

The race starts and in turn one a Mercedes goes crashing into Zhou's Alfa Romeo. But it was George's 63 that collided with Zhou not Lewis' 44. My heart had dropped as now it was down to Lewis to gain the points for Mercedes.

The race finished Lewis P1, Carlos P2, Max P3 and Charles P4. After the result it made me even more excited to tell Lewis he was going to be a dad. I rushed under the podium to see Lewis on the podium. I had the biggest smile on my face and I was so proud of him.

After the podium I rushed back to the motor home to set up the pregnancy announcement and Sydney helped me it looked like this,

And there was a bunch of gold balloons. I couldn't wait for Lewis to come home but I knew it would be a little while as he had interviews.

It had only been 10 minutes but it felt like an hour. I couldn't stop thinking the worst and if Lewis would be excited or upset.

After around 40 minutes later I heard Lewis start to open the door and my heart felt like it was in my throat and Lewis shouted out,

"Y/N? Are you here I didn't see you leave the track!"

"Uhh yea Lew im in the living room. Can you come in here" I said with my voice trying not to tremble

"Y/N is everything ok?" Said Lewis running in before stopping in shock

"Your gonna be a dad Lew" I said with a smile and tears streaming down my face

"Oh my god really Y/N?"

"Yeah. What do you think?"

"Well I wasn't expecting it... but we are in this together and we are going to raise this child the best we can" he said running up to me, spinning me around kissing me passionately.

"So your not upset?"

"How could I be upset when the love of my life is carrying my child" he said bowing down towards my belly and putting his face in front of my belly, "me and mummy love you so much even though your not here yet. You are already  loved so much"

I just stood there uncontrollably crying. He then stood back to my level and kissed me again.

"Y/N you are gonna be an amazing mum, I believe in you to carry this child"

I cut him off and said,

"Believe in us, you are as part of this pregnancy journey than I am, I'm just carrying our child, but knowing you you'll take care of the both of us, and we'll both be raising this child together even with your racing I know you'll be an amazing dad Lew"

"I love you Y/N we will both get through this together and we will both be the best parents possible to this child" he said kissing me again.

"I do have one request though if it's ok with you, I'd like to wait a bit to announce it to everyone, I just to take this time for us to get use to us being pregnant"

"If that's what you want it's what I want Y/N, I just want to make sure you are comfortable and happy because you are what makes me happy"

I then looked down at my stomach and said, "we both can't wait to meet you little one, you are going to strengthen our love even more than it already is and make our lives complete we both love you so much and your not even here yet"

"Y/N can I ask when did you find out?"

"I found out two days ago with Sydney, I wanted to tell you straight away but I was scared and I wanted to wait until after the GP so you could be in the right mindset"

"Well just know next time tell me you can tell me anything and this has made me the happiest I have all week" he then again bent down to my belly and said "that race was for you little one"

I couldn't stop crying, my life now feels complete and I wouldn't change it for the world. I'd love time too rewind so I could experience that moment all over again, Lewis makes me so happy and I feel like the best women alive.