Part 7 - The Aftermath

When I woke up the next morning my head was pounding. I couldn't remember much of the evening only glimpses of it. When I went to check my phone it had been blown up with calls and texts from both Carlos and Charles and I was so confused, but my head was in so much pain I didn't want to call them back just yet.

I didn't understand what happened so I put my phone down and got out of bed to go to the kitchen and get some aspirin.

My jaw dropped when I saw Lewis standing in my kitchen making vegan pancakes.

"Oh my god umm sorry, what are you doing here?"

"Making you my popular hangover vegan pancakes with blueberries"

I know that meant I had too much to drink the night before.

"Oh god I'm sorry how bad was it?"

"I was surprised when I got the call from you late last night, and when I picked up the phone you were crying and your voice was shaken, I didn't know what was wrong so I asked for your location and I picked you up. And when I got to you, you were on the floor crying your eyes out having a panic attack and I told Charles you'd call him, however I still don't particularly know what happened last night"

~Y/N's voice in her head~

"No no not another panic attack I didn't want this to happen. Why, on the one weekend I wanted to feel normal"

~Lewis' POV~

She just froze. I didn't know what was happening it was almost as if time had stopped but she looked really scared and worried. I tried to snap her back to reality and it took a few seconds for her to come back.

~Back to story~

"Sorry just thinking" I said lying

"Are you sure Y/N, you looked scared"

"Yes don't worry about me I'll be fine"

"Okay Y/N but just know I'm here for you okay?"

"Thank you Lewis. Now let's eat, these smell amazing"

We both sat at my balcony table and ate the pancakes he had made and had a good conversation about life. Lewis then asked a question I wasn't expecting to ask.

"So... Y/N I was wondering... if you'd like to go on a date with me? I find you so interesting and I want to know you better"

I froze still. The man that I used to watch with my dad racing around a track was asking me on a date and I wanted to say yes it's just the answer wasn't leaving my mouth, so I just nodded my head excitedly.

A sigh of relief spread across him as I could tell he was tense, Lewis said he was preparing stuff for the 4th of May so I had to keep my diary open for that day. I was curious as the 4th of May is the morning when we were leaving but it made me very excited.

Lewis said he had to leave to have a team meeting so I said and hugged him goodbye.

I went back to my bed to look at my phone and decided to call Charles to let him know I was ok now. Charles and Sydney are the only people who know about my panic attacks so I knew they'd be worried. When Charles answered he sounded relieved to hear me and said I had to call Carlos as he wanted to talk to me.

After me and Charles finished talking I called Carlos and he picked up straight away.

"Y/N im so sorry for last night"

"It's okay I guess Carlos I just drank too much and got shaken by my past"

"Listen Y/N I want to make it up to you... make sure to keep the 4th of May free please"

And then we got disconnected before I could tell him I couldn't

"Oh shit" I mumbled to myself