Chapter 1

"Ughhh why is it so bright in here" I moan burying my face deeper into my pillow "and these seats are so uncomfortable" I complain.

"Would you stop yelling" my twin brother Calix hisses.

"I'm not yelling you idiot" I throw a chocolate bar at him.

Calix lifts his head off the wall and glares at me taking off his sunglasses. "God why did we drink so much last night" he complains.

"Hey you and Noah we're the ones who said and I quote 'We won't see each other for 3 months we need to have fun before we start schools'" I scoff and sit up looking at him.

"In my deffence" Calix starts "Noah convinced me first and you know no one can say no to you and you can't say no to me so it was obvious we would convince you first" he shrugged.

I lower my own sunglasses and look at my twin. "That made no sense at all" I snort.

Calix just shrugs and smiles "I'm going to miss those idiots" he says laying his head back on the wall of the train and putting his sunglasses back on.

I sigh. "Me to Lix, me to" I say laying back down across the three seats in our compartment and closing my eyes. "Hopefully it goes fast and then we can see them again" I say and Calix humms in response already falling asleep. I was pretty fast after him letting the darkness lull me to calm and peace.

***

"Bubba wake up we're almost there" Calix's voice lures me out of my calm.

"Ughhh I'm starving" I moan sitting up and rubbing my eyes. Calix chuckles in front of me.

"Me to" he says "we slept the whole train ride here nursing our hangovers. Now all we need is food and we'll be perfect" he chimes.

I look at my twin and I can already feel my irritation. "Ugh I'm gonna be a bitch until I get food in me" I groan.

Calix rolls his eyes. "We're almost there" he complains "you'll get your food".

The train rolls to a stop and Calix and I stand up to stretch our tired limbs. We wait until the herd of kids of all ages stop walking past our compartment and the corridor is quiet.

"Shall we" Calix smiles and holds his arm out for me

"We shall" I smile and take his arm as he leads us out of the train and onto the now practically deserted platform.

"Ahhh you two must be the Fitzgerald twins" a mans voice calls out behind us.

Calix and I turn around to see a giant man standing in front of us holding a lantern.

"Yeah that's us" Calix replies.

"Well then you be coming with me" the man says and turns to walk away. Calix and I follow the man a few steps behind him.

"Umm excuse me sir, but who are you?" I question the man as we walk.

"Oh dear me, where are me manners" the man says "I'm Hagrid, Rubeus Hagrid" he puts his hand out for us to shake and we do, even though our hands are tiny in his.

We come to a road that leads to the castle.

"Well this is definitely different to Durmstrang" I chuckle to Calix.

"A shit load warmer to" he laughs.

We stop our conversation when we come to a carriage that is being pulled by two beautifully dark and a little scary looking horses with wings.

"What are those" Calix gawkes at the beautiful beasts.

Hagrid looks at us in shock and surprise. "You can both see em" he questions and we nod. Hagrid bows his head a little. "I'm sorry" is all he says, then motions for us to hop on the cart. "Right when ya get to the castle Professor McGonagal will be waitin for ya" he smiles then turns to leave.

"Thanks" Calix calls and then Hagrid is gone.

"Wait for me" a soft voice calls making Calix and I turn our heads towards the noise.

We see a beautiful blonde girl walking towards the carriage with strange looking glasses on. She starts to climb onto the cart and I hold my hand to help her up. She takes it and sits across from Calix and I since we're sat on the same seat.

The girl just smiles at us and looks around.

"Hi I'm Luna" her soft voice says.

"Calix and that's Nova" Calix says pointing to me while looking at the strange girl.

She just smiles at us and nods. She then looks at the horses that have just started pulling our carriage. They're beautiful aren't they she smiles.

"What are they" I ask looking between her and the horses

"They're called Thestirals" she says "I'm sorry for your loss" she then says still looking at the horses.

Calix and I look at each other confused. I shrug my shoulders not having a clue either.

"You can only see them if you've witnessed death" Luna calmly chimes "My Mum was practicing a spell she had created and it went wrong" she shrugged "I was nine".

Calix and I look at each other.

"That's sad" Calix's voice chimes in my mind

"It is" I chime back into his mind.

"We're sorry for your loss" I say to Luna and she just nods.

The rest of the carriage is quiet and Calix and I are having a mental conversation with each other.

"How can you two do that" Luna looks at us puzzled.

"Do what" Calix asks

"Talk to each other telepathic" she says simply.

Our mouths drop open and eyebrows raise.

"How did you know" I blurt out considering only our family knows and those we choose to tell.

Luna just shrugs "I didn't for sure but now" she trails off.

"You're very observant" I muse "I like you" I smile.

She just smiles back and before any of us can say another word the carriage stops in front of the Hogwarts Castle.

"Good night" Luna says nodding her head and hoping off the carriage

"Night" Calix and I say together and she disappears into the castle.

"Ahh finally Mr and Mrs Fitzgerald let's go, everyone is waiting" an older kind but scary looking lady says to us while ushering us off the carriage and through the castle corridors. We weave through the many hallways and doors until we finally stop at a set of huge doors.

"Right well the first years are almost done being sorted and then when they're finished the doors will open and you two will walk straight to the front and wait for further instructions" she says "do you understand" she looks at us both and we just nod. She nods her head and smiles at us then leaves.

"Well this is definitely different to Durmstrang" I say looking at my twin.

"Yeah but hey at least we're warmer here than in the land of ice and cold" he chuckles

"True" I chuckle "I miss them all though" I sigh.

"So do I" Calix says "but hey we wanted to transfer to Hogwarts so let's make the best of this" he says nudging me with his shoulder. My twin could always brighten the mood.

The door started rumbling and then it started slowly opening.

"Here we go Bubba" Calix's voice says in my mind.

We both take a deep breath and Calix holds out his hand for me to take. I take his hand and we walk into the hall before us.