Chapter 13

It's been almost a week at home with our parents back. For the most part they ignore us which my siblings and I are grateful for. Since the day they came home there has been only minor interactions with them. I got a few lashes from our father once because I accidentally broke a glass on the floor, Calix tried to take the blame but father had seen the whole incident and punished me before Calix could help.

The triplets came to our secret room limping one day and we found out they were running around the halls and Jack ran straight into mother while Issac landed on father. They all got punished then. But other than that we've managed to survive for almost 11 days in this house.

My face is still healing, it's pretty much closed now but I'm going to scar we can all see it. I haven't heard anything from my friends since that night. My devices have all been taken away along with my brothers by our parents, so we don't have anyway to contact them because our mother and father don't let our owls go further than 10 feet off the property or they're to be killed. None of us are willing to risks our owls lives so we don't even try.

"Only 3 more days here guys and we'll be back to school and never have to come back here again" I sigh.

"Our 18 birthday can't come any sooner" Calix huffs laying his head on my lap. I rest a hand on his chest which he grabs and use the other to start playing with his hair.

"Just 3 more days my siblings" Felix smiles "I can't fucken wait".

It's around 11pm and we're all huddled together in my bedroom this time chilling and talking.

"I'm getting tired" I say and as if on cue I yawn.

"Me to" Calix mimics my yawn.

"Ok well off to bed then" Elijah gives us a soft smile.

"Ok guys I love you" I give them all a smile and wave. I would hug them but I'm too tired to move.

"You staying here" I chuckle at the sleepy Calix laying next to me.

"Mhm" he mumbles making himself comfortable in my bed.

Since that day Calix has slept in my bed with me refusing to leave. He tries not to show it but I know he feels guilty about it. All my brothers do, I mean I am their little sister and they feel like they failed in protecting me. Which is wrong. We have been going through this shit our whole lives. They can't protect me from this more than I can protect them.

"Goodnight Lix" I kiss Calix on the head and smile.

Calix mumbles something similar to 'night bubba' and falls asleep. Chuckling at my twins sprawled out state I lay down on my back next to him and stare up at the ceiling.

"Only 3 more days Lix. And then we'll all be free" I mumble quietly.

I stare at the ceiling I don't know how long before I eventually fall into an endless dark abyss.

***

"Stupid girl, wake up" a voice and sharp pain across my face pulls me from my sleep.

"What the fu-" I sit up one hand holding my face the other gripping the dagger under my pillow, but I stop short of what I was saying when I'm met with my mothers hard stone cold face.

"Get up you useless creature, we've important business" she snarls and walks over to Calix striking him like she did me.

Calix rises immediately ready for a fight "what the hel-" he stops his sentence.

"Pathetic" mother spits "get changed and meet your father and I in the foyer" she sneers turning and slamming the door on her way out.

"What's happening" Calix looks at me confused and slightly afraid as we scramble out of bed.