Chapter 16

"Nova wait" they call again.

Calix and I turn around to see Theo running down the carriage towards us.

"I'll ah let you two talk" Calix nods, kissing my cheek and then leaving.

"Shit" I mumble turning around to face Theo who is now a few steps in front of me.

"What do you want Theo" I huff crossing my arms over my chest.

"I-can we talk" Theo says looking at me then around the carriage.

"What do you want to talk about? Because you sure as Salazar didn't want to say anything back there" I huff.

"I kno-look please, can we talk somewhere more private?" He rubs his neck nervously.

I huff looking around, "ok" I agree.

"O-okay" Theo nods and leads me back to that empty compartment.

He shuts the door after walking in after me and sits down opposite me.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask sitting back on the seat.

Theo waves his wand and outs a silencing spell on the room. Putting his wand on the seat he kneels in front of me.

"Nova I'm sorry" he says cupping my face with his hands, "I'm sorry for everything".

"Theo why are you apologising? You haven't done anything to me" I raise an eyebrow.

"I've been a shitty friend La La" he sighs.

"Well yeah actually that's true" I nod.

"I just" he stops "Nova when I saw you walk Into that meeting I...".

"You what?" I question.

"I... Nova I couldn't protect you from that. I saw you walk in and I wanted to grab you and run. I thought if I put some distance between us this break I wouldn't have to bring you into all this" Theo admits.

"Theo my brothers and I have been fighting against this since we were born" I sigh "we were almost out too".

"You don't deserve this" he sighs.

"Neither do you" I grab his face. What is it about this boy!?! I was just annoyed at him for not talking to me and now I'm ready to forgive him. Shit.

"And when I saw that scar" he starts and I stiffen "I wanted to hurt the person that did that to you. I wanted to kill them Nova".

I see the anger in Theo's eyes and I also see the fear.

"Theo" I grab his attention "thank you" I say softly "but Calix and I have 2 more months until we can do anything about those people. We've dealt with this shit for almost 18 years now, a few more months is nothing" I give Theo a small smile.

"You shouldn't have to put up with it at all" Theo raises his voice "if I would have known" he starts but I cut him off.

"You'd what" I snap "kill my parents? Forcing Calix and I because we're still underaged into foster care? Separate us from our brothers?" I huff "don't you think we've tried everything already to leave? Theo we've all endured worse than this" I say pointing to the scar on my face.

Theo's face falls and I see the hurt and pain in his eyes.

"I'm sorry" he sighs " I didn't think about it like that".

"I know" I sigh to "but please, we have tried everything to leave. Since we were old enough. We only have 2 more months then Calix and I will be 18 and we're gone, never going back" I give him a small smile.