Chapter 5

I rummaged through the fridge to look for something for dinner but nothing.
"For fuck sake" I said to myself. I give up and making my way upstairs. I go to my room and lock the door just in case my mum comes back early but I doubt it. I flick through my records and find my favourite one the clash. I put my record player on turning it on and putting the volume all the way up. I do a few little stupid dad moves before making my way to my wobbly floorboard. I Crouch down flicking it up and
Revealing my little secret compartment. I shuffle stuff around until I feel what I'm trying to find I grab my box of cigarettes. Yes yes I know it's a dirty habit but if you found out what I've been through you would understand. I grab my lighter and slide open my window climbing out of it and sitting on my roof. I grab the box and get a cigarette out putting the box besides me. I light it up and inhale taking a deep breath in.
I look up to the night sky staring at the stars. I don't know when the maxs parents got back but they was only a few moments before I heard a lot of shouting. I was freezing my ass checks off but then again I'm like a nosy old woman so I'm of course going to stay and try and listen.
I couldn't make out what anyone was saying but it was mostly two male voices and sometimes a woman would scream. "Shit" I said not knowing what to do, should I call the police? I thought to myself but before I could make a movement billy comes out slamming the door on his way out. He seamed to be furious.. He was making his way to his car until he glanced up at my house.
"Oh shit" before I knew it he was looking towards me. I give him a little awkward wave and before I knew it he was making his way towards me.
"Shit shit shit" I say panicking with my cigarette in hand.
"Heyyy billy" I say leaning on my roof
"Was you listening? He said angrily
"No I'm deef as a bat, I just wanted to have a smoke"
"Oh.." he says calming down. "Can I come up?"
"Sure I'll let you in"
I say ready to get the my window and let him in the front door but no... he decided to climb up my house like a fucking spider.
"Okay or just do that" I said in a whisper
He finally made it towards me letting out a deep sigh
"You want one?" I said asking him if he wants a cigarette.
"Sure" but of course he had to do something totally different and take my one from my mouth
"Hey!" I say hitting him. He just takes a puff and laughs at me
"Sharing is caring right?" He says, I just role my eyes at him.
"So what brings you here billy?" I turn to him
"I'm not here to tell you mushy shit like that" he snaps. I put my arms up in defence
"Sorry just being polite" I said they was a moment of silence between us. I was a bit scared to say anything in case I upset him more.
"I'm sorry" he says
"About what?" I asked him confused
"I didn't mean to snap at you, it just happens" he says look at me
"Oh it's okay" I smile at him. Weird enough we didn't saying much more after that we just looked at the stars together.
"Shit I better go" he says making his way down to the ground.
"Okay see you later billy" I say watching him walk away
"See you tomorrow evening?" He shouts
"Sure!"