XXVII

INT. LIVING ROOM - EVENING

11:32 p.m.

Marty placed a bowl of cheese balls and his iced black coffee in on the table.

MARTY
Ito na po pagkain ninyo, KUYA.

HARLEY
Bakit ba parang labag sa loob mong tawagin akong kuya?

MARTY
Mukha ka bang kagalang-galang?

Natawa si Harley. He doesn't know why but he finds her amusing. Kahit ang sungit.

HARLEY
Harley na lang itawag mo sa akin. Okay lang kahit 'wag ka na mag kuya.

MARTY
Okay. Buti naman.

They sat and stared at the laptop screen again. Harley, sipping on his coffee, and Marty, chewing on her lip. Hoping he doesn't notice her mess all over the paper.

HARLEY
Okay. Alam ko na saan ka nagkamali.

MARTY
Ha?

Harley pointed at a part on her solution on the screen.

HARLEY
Dito. Mali input mo.

MARTY
Ah . . .

HARLEY
Pahingi ng papel saka calcu.

MARTY
Okay. Wait.

She watched him scribble his solution at the back of her notebook. Harley was guiding her throughout the process, simply dissecting where and how she could manipulate the equation easily to lessen the percentage error she was complaining about.

And maybe, there was something with the way he was gently talking and explaining all of those things to her. But he made it seem so easy and it was able to ease a bit of pressure weighing her down.

HARLEY
Okay na? Gets mo na ba paano natin nakuha?

MARTY
Oo. Thank you.

He smiled.

HARLEY
Welcome. P'wede ako makahingi ng kape ulit?

She nodded, taking his empty glass back to the kitchen without saying anything else.