CXLIX

[Messenger]

Harleeey

11:37 a.m.

Marty
Harleeey
San ka?

Harley
Nandito ako sa lib

Marty
Graduate studies ulit?

Harley
Oo
Ang dami ulit tao sa main e

Marty
Pwede ba ako dyan?

Harley
Oo naman
Wala ka bang class?

Marty
Free cut
Wala yung prof namin

Harley
Ahhh okay
Punta ka na lang dito

Marty
👍

INT. LIBRARY - MORNING

11:43 a.m.

Marty lightly poked on his shoulder when she arrived at the library. Napaangat naman ng tingin si Harley sa kanya. He also removed his bag on the vacant seat next to him.

His forehead creased when he noticed a gloom looming on her face.

HARLEY
Upo ka na. Okay ka lang ba?

MARTY
Hindi. Ang wala akong tulog tapos ang sakit ng ulo ko.

HARLEY
Bakit wala kang tulog?

MARTY
Dalawa kasi quiz namin ngayon tapos nag-aral ako kagabi, 'di ba? Nakaidlip naman ako ng 2 hours pero parang gising din kasi utak ko kaya ayon. Wala akong maayos na tulog.

HARLEY
Ah . . . pero tapos na ba 'yong dalawang quiz mo?

MARTY
After lunch pa 'yong isa. Iniisip ko mag-review ulit kaso pagod na utak ko.

Harley nodded.

HARLEY
Pahinga ka na lang muna.

MARTY
Anong ginagawa mo?

HARLEY
Nagbabasa. May kailangan kasi akong baguhin sa methodology ko kaya naghahagilap ako ng mga papel ulit.

MARTY
Ah . . . okay, sige. Basa ka na d'yan.

Marty fixed her eyes on the screen of his laptop, too—trying to read along the additional reference paper he was reviewing. But she couldn't comprehend what the paper was trying to say, the words were also swirling on her mind and it was making her sleepy.

She rested her back on her seat, crossing her arms over her shoulders as she allowed her lids to fall heavy. She quietly took a nap and he was just reading through when she bobbed her head.

Harley glanced at her direction only to see her hooded eyes and how she sat up straight just to take a nap again.

A smile lingered on his lips as he reached for head, resting it against his shoulder and Marty was too tired and sleepy and comfortable to even realize what was happening.

HARLEY
Tulog ka lang.