LXI

EXT. PARKING LOT - NOON

12:24 p.m.

Marty was able to smoothly drive off from the parking lot. Harley tried to guide her, but her silence was deafening so he chose to remain mum.

She pulled near the gutter so he could replace her on the driver's seat. Tahimik siyang lumabas at sumakay sa backseat. Saglit na nagtaka si Harley kung bakit doon siya pumwesto.

MARTY
Ano na? 'Di aandar mag-isa 'tong sasakyan.

HARLEY
Bakit nandiyan ka?

MARTY
Paano ako uupo d'yan kung 'di ka umaalis?

He was confused. But he didn't say anything else. He got off the car just to transfer. Nakasakay na rin siya sa driver's seat pero hindi pa rin kumikilos si Marty.

HARLEY
Lipat ka na. Okay na.

MARTY
Ayaw ko. Mag-drive ka na. Gusto ko na umuwi.

HARLEY
Marty?

She glared, crossing her arms over her shoulder. She also fixed her eyes on the window.

HARLEY
Sorry na.

Still, she was quiet. Harley had no other choice but to drive with nothing but silence lingering in every corner of his car.

The muscles on her forehead remained tensed with her brows meeting in the middle. Pansin din niya na maya't maya siyang sinisilip ni Harley sa rearview mirror kahit 'di niya naman tinitingnan.

They drove in silence when Harley pulled up on the nearest drive-thru.

HARLEY
Ano gusto mo?

MARTY
Whopper. Plant-based.

HARLEY
Fries? Onion rings? Drinks?

MARTY
Onion rings. Iced tea. Medium.

HARLEY
Okay.

Harley was relaying their order on the window when she pulled a yellow bill from her wallet to pay for her food.

Marty lightly poked on his shoulder.

MARTY
Bayad no'ng sa 'kin.

Tipid na ngumiti si Harley saka umiling.

HARLEY
'Wag na, okay na. May deal tayo 'di ba? Maayos mo namang nalabas 'yong sasakyan kanina sa parking.

MARTY
Seryoso ka ba?

HARLEY
Oo. Bakit?

MARTY
Gusto mo pa rin akong ilibre kahit naiinis ako sa 'yo?

HARLEY
Oo.

MARTY
Totoo?

HARLEY
Oo. Bakit ayaw mo maniwala?

MARTY
Wala.

HARLEY
Saka naiintindihan ko naman. Sorry din kanina kung pinipilit kita.

MARTY
Okay.

HARLEY
Okay?

She nodded.

HARLEY
Bati na tayo?

MARTY
Siguro.

He smiled at her through the rearview mirror.

HARLEY
Lipat ka na dito sa harap kung bati na tayo.

She didn't say anything else. But she got down just to transfer to the passenger seat.