Chapter 1-

If you can count yourself to the people, who have a best friend, then you are a lucky person.

I met mine in kindergarten, when I was sitting at my favorite swing, watching the clouds passing by. He was a tiny kid for his age at that time, with big glasses on his face and a shy attitude. His name was Aiden and he couldn't stand up for himself. That was the reason why we got to know each other in the first place.

Eric, another kid in my kindergarden, who was a big bully and was bigger than most of the children in our age, was picking again at someone. Someone, who was certainly smaller and afraid of him.

Unfortunately for my best friend Aiden, he was the one who got chosen to be bullied by Eric this time. The bigger guy was making fun of his tooth gap and his small stature.

I didn't like Eric at all, not only because he was always mean to everyone but also because he had fun pulling at my hair to the point it hurt.

So as I was watching him pushing the poor little boy around, I got furious. I jumped off the still moving swing and walked with big steps towards them. First, they didn't notice me approaching them, but after I had cleared my throat to get their attention, two heads turned into my direction.

"What?" Eric barked at me, letting go of Aiden's superman-pullover, which lead Aiden to falling to the ground and made him look up at me with his big blue eyes.

"Leave him alone," I told him glaring at the blond haired guy, who liked to see people in pain and laugh at them afterwards.

But he only laughed at my request, turned his back towards me and told me to leave him alone. Aiden on the other side was still staring at me with his mouth wide open.

I was probably the first person who had ever stood up for him. I could see something like admiration in his eyes back then. That and probably the amount of sugar I ate that day, gave me the strength for my next action.

So instead of leaving, like Eric told me, I grabbed his shoulder and forced him to look at me again. Then with gritted teeth and a dangerous expression, as dangerous as I could look at the age of six, I repeated my words.
"Leave him alone!" This time louder.

The boy in front of me didn't look the slightest bit afraid. I mean I was sporting a yellow flower dress and my aunt had braided my hair into two pigtails. Not really like a threat.

"Or what?" Eric challenged me, hovering over me, because he was just too tall for a six-year-old.

Everything in me told me to move back, but I wanted to look brave and confident so I glared at him. Then I tried to push him, but unfortunately his body didn't move an inch.

At my pathetic attempt he laughed and his laugh only got louder as I tried it again and failed miserable.

As the time passed by I got more furious. My nostrils were bloated, and I had a strange feeling in my stomach. At this point I knew it would happen again. I confirmed my feelings when I looked at my surroundings.

I froze Eric as well as Aiden in their movements. It was a funny sight, but that wasn't the point. Time had stopped passing by and I was the reason.

The wind had stopped blowing and it couldn't give me anymore goosebumps. I couldn't hear anything at all and everybody was glued to their current spot. It was like I was alone in a room full of lifeless people. I could study them and walk around, but they couldn't.

I also knew this situation wouldn't hold on forever. Every moment it could break and everybody would act like nothing had happened.

In their world it was exactly like that, but I lived in a different one. How I knew? Well, it happened before. So I wasn't really surprised, more fascinated when it happened again.