Chapter 4-

After the weekend is finally over, it is Monday again. And this means only one thing. School. And I'm not that frilled to go after what happened.

On Saturday after my aunt, Aiden and I had breakfast together, and he left, Lily and I went to visit Nancy in her bakery. We wanted to tell that I was going to work of her.

She was thrilled to see us and demanded that we couldn't leave until we tried one of her new pies. They were beyond amazing and during coffee and cake, Nancy told me about the duties I had to do while working.

My task was to serve people and work behind the counter at the cash register. Which was totally fine with me and I was excited to work next Saturday.

After chatting and a few hugs from Nancy, we left satisfied and called it a day.

Everything was fine and my aunt and I wanted to make a movie marathon like we did in old times and to bond.

The point was, when we stepped into our apartment and Lily was about to let her handbag fall on the couch, time stopped literally.

Her bag was flying in the air and she was standing there like a lifeless doll. The process didn't go for long and after a few seconds her bag fell with a loud sound on the couch.

I immediately turned around and tried to act like nothing happened.

It is getting more difficult with each day and I'm not prepared for anything. The big question is can I prepare myself at all?

I couldn't even concentrate on watching the film and told my aunt I was going to bed because I was too tired. She probably didn't want me to notice, but I saw the disappointment on her face.

The same thing happened the next day again. This time I was standing under the shower, singing Becky G. song 'shower'.

It was dumb of me to think for a second, that there was something wrong with the water supply system and because of that, I didn't feel any water anymore on my shoulders.

But when I looked up the water was frozen and not frozen like ice cubes, more like hanging in the air.

Even when the water looked kind of pretty in its frozen state, I was terrified and could only star at it until it was running down my body again.

That night I was getting not much sleep either and it didn't help my situation that my first class this morning is science. I hate science, even though I'm not that bad at it. It is just the most boring subject in the world.

So while sitting in my science class, I try to listen to my teacher and not fall asleep.

Seconds seem to pass by like minutes and my head is getting heavier and heavier with each minute.

Suddenly someone nudges me and I look alarmed to my left to see Liam. He is making sleeping gestures and then points at the front.

I give him a thankful smile for warning me. It isn't a good idea to fall asleep in Mrs. Davonports class. She likes to give detention and I'm not up for that today.

However after what seems like another thirty minutes the bell rings to my relief and I put my things back into my backpack.

"Long night?" Liam asks me with sympathy as he waits for me.

"Yeah, couldn't get much sleep," I answer him with a sigh and rub at my eyes. Four hours of sleep are just too less.

"Why? Is something or someone bothering you?" Liam questions in big brother mode as we walk down the hallway to our next class.

He has this serious expression on his face, like he wants to protect me from everything in the world.

I smile into myself at his behavior. He has always been like that and it has something to do woth the fact that he has three little sisters. Sometimes he acts like one of them.