Chapter 3-

"There you are," a male voice says, in what I guess is a relieved voice.

Even if I don't see him with my own eyes, I know the voice belongs to Reece Matthews. I either heard him talking in class or with some of his friends. So I know how he sounds like even if I have never talked to him in person.

Shit, I then curse mentally. Of all people who are at the party it has to be the host by himself. I don't associate with someone like Reece and he doesn't with someone like me. We are too different and have a different circle of friends.

"Yes, here I am," Kitty answers him sassy and offended, "Alone in my room, because my oh so lovely brother doesn't want me downstairs."

Reece Matthews is Kitty's brother. At the realization my eyes widen.

I hear him sigh audibly, before he answers. "How often do I have to tell you? You are way too young to attend a party."

"I'm not," Kitty argues and I can imagine her crossing her little arms in front of her chest and glaring at her brother.

"For God's sake you are fifteen Kitty," Reece now shouts out loud, and I flinch at his harsh words.

What a poor girl. It is hard to have Reece as an older brother even if he only wants to protect his sister.

Kitty doesn't say another thing after his outburst and the only thing I can do is to stare at the white curtain in front of me.

"Don't be like that," Reece then groans, probably pulling at his hair out of frustration.

"Come on look at me," he demands, and I hear him walking around, either just out of frustration or towards his sister to make her talk again.

I hope for the second because I don't want him to come closer and discover my hiding place. If he finds me, it will be really awkward and I don't have a clue what I'm going to tell him and why I hide in the first place.

"Get out!" is Kitty's only response to him and I hope he leaves the room so I can come out.

"Fine," Reece says, and I sigh in relief.

But then he has to destroy my happiness and says to her, "On one condition."

Is this guy for real?

The girl laughs at her brother's request humorlessly.

"This is my room and you are not allowed to set conditions," I hear her saying.

"Oh, I actually do," Reece speaks and the angry tone has left his voice and is replaced by a kind of scary one. What is he up to?

"Because my request doesn't involve you."

The moment his words leave his mouth my heart starts to beat faster and faster. He knows I'm here and I can not escape. I begin to sweat, and I hope Kitty does something.

"What are you talking about?" she laughs nervously, and I want to slap myself. Even I can make out she us lying and hiding something.

"I'm talking about the person or more the boy..." he doesn't finish his sentence as he movs the curtains away to reveal me.

I don't know what to do, so I stare at him perplexed.

But Reece isn't any better than me and only looks dumbfounded at my face. He opens his mouth, but then closes it again.

Standing in such close proximity I'm able to examine every detail of his damn good looking face. High cheekbones, that compliment his already nice features like his straight nose and the few freckles here and there. With haselnut colored eyes that burn with such an intensity right now that I can't look away.
Wait. What is wrong with me? It's not the time the to gawk at him.