Chapter 28-

"Celia," Aiden began, when it was only the two of us, because the rest was either taking away the garbage we made or in Eric and Kitty's case were doing something alone.

"Are the Matthews like you?" he asked me straight away, and I bit my lip from spilling out something stupid. I knew it was okay for me to tell him about myself, nevertheless it was a different case with Reece and Kitty. I didn't know if they would be mad if Aiden knew about them as well. So I stayed silent though it seemed that Aiden took his own guesses by my silence.

"You don't have to tell me, I think your silence says everything. But don't worry I won't say anything to them and it will be a secret between us. It only makes sense now why you spend so much time with them so suddenly. I mean you are not really the person to make new friends so easily. No offense by that," he added, and I laughed to show him that I wasn't mad at all.

"Hey you two," Liam then came into the picture. "I think it is time for us to leave now."

"Alright," Aiden answered with no argument and smiled at me. "By the way Reece and I decided it was the best if you stayed another night at their house to recover."

This though surprised me more than everything. "You and Reece decided this together," I repeated to make sure I heard him right.

"Don't be so surprised, it seems that we both have one thing in common."

"And that is?" I asked thinking, about their angry glares they shoot each other, while they thought nobody was watching them.

"Your well being," Liam answered for him and my gaze landed on him to see him smiling at me.

"And don't worry about everything, we will tell your aunt your staying at my house for another night," Aiden added before he and Liam left the house and said their goodbyes.

Then I was alone for a moment. Well, not technically alone, because Ares was still in the same room with me, eating his food happily in the corner. However you could only hear his munching and so I could think again about all the things that had clattered my mind. My mother was the first thing. I didn't even know where to start searching for her. Maybe my room was a good idea because she told my bracelet was important. Maybe she also left another clue for me to find her. On the other side some part of me still said, this is dump she is dead. Why would have people lie to me about her. My aunt was the one who told me about everything and she would never lie to me. But maybe she didn't even know it as well. And they lied to her too. That was probably the case.

"Ughhh," I then groaned frustrated. "This is just too much."

"Reece," I then heard Kitty exclaim and my eyes shoot to the open door in Kitty's room. In the corner of my eyes I could see that Ares had stopped eating to look up.

"No. Liam and Aiden left and so can Eric," he told Kitty. And I knew that tone he was using on her. It was final, and he didn't want you to argue back.

"You don't have to leave Eric, he is just being difficult," Kitty said to Eric, probably ignoring her older brother.

"No it's fine, I have to leave anyway," he told her with a laugh. It was a good thing that he didn't seem to mind Reece overly protective behavior.

After that I only heard them walking downstairs, shutting doors and Kitty shouting, "You scared him of." Which was followed by, "Good" from Reece's side.

I laughed about that heartily and Ares barked once too, to join me. Only these two.

Tonight I got early into bed and like Aiden had told me, I stayed another night at the Matthews. Kitty was happy about that, because she told me it was good to have another girl around and not only her stupid brother.