Chapter 17-

"I don't want to be rude or offensive, but why is Eric going to be my partner? " I ask Juliette. It is not that I don't like him, but I'm curious.  But I still add, "No offense Eric."

He shakes his head with an amused smile on his lips.  "None taken. I'm curious too."

"Well, first you two are the newest members and you both don't have a partner yet . Second, you already know each other." 

Her reasons make sense and I see Eric nodding his head along.

"Got it," he says.

"Good," Juliette smiles satisfied at our answer. "But before the two of you can leave, I want to let you know that you are going to have a special training and won't train with the other members yet."

"Why is that?" I ask. I'm disappointed and she can see that. To be honest I was looking forward to train with the other teen and see more of their power.

However Juliette don't answers me right away. She gets up from her seat and walks to the corner of her office. There is a cupboard, which she opens and takes something out. In front of us she lays two documents down and I take mine in silence. I open the first page and it is a workout plan for the next few weeks.

It surprises me that she has everything already planned. How is she able to know that I was going to join her company? Or does she always plan ahead?

"Because we have to teach you the basics first and that will be at a time when the normal training doesn't take place," Juliette finally answers my question.

"And when will we be able to train with everybody else?" Eric wants to know. He has already closed his papers and is looking at her.

"When you are ready," she simply says.

That is the end of our conversation, because Juliette gets a phone call and we are dismissed. At that day Eric and I talk about being partners and he assures me that it will work out fine. After that we go our own ways.

A few weeks has passed by since then. Like we were told, Eric and I have been trained seperately. Our new trainer showed us how to defend ourselves in every possible situation. We even learned how to use a gun. It is dangerous, but thrilling at the same time and Matt our trainer likes to say "it's better if you know how to use it than be shot in the end". He has a point there.

Though Matt is not our only trainer. For every subject we have a different one and not all of them are super humans. Over the weeks I noticed that both of us got in better shape. Especially Eric, who was fit from the start. For it is a different case, because I struggle a lot. That is when I appreciate Eric the most, because he always tries to cheer me up and it is him that helps me get through the days of hard training. I have the most problems, when we have to work on our condition and I'm thanking the heavens that we are not working on that today.

Right now Matt is showing us, how to defend ourselves when somebody is attacking you from behind. Beneath our feed are thick heavy mats to train. Matt is playing said attacker after he shows us how to act when it comes to such a situation. He shows us how to block and attack.

It's my turn again and after several failed attempts, I want to succeed. I take a deep breath and relax like Matt showed me. Then I wait for him. He sneaks up on me like a car and out of the blue grabs my shoulder. But this time I'm prepared and throw him with ease over my shoulder. He hits the black mat and I grin satisfied.

"Good job Celia." Matt tells me as I over him my hand to get up.

"You did great," Eric comments and I give him a smile.