Chapter 16-

On my way towards M.E my mind tries to order every thought, because so much has changed in the last two weeks. I found out that I'm not the only person with powers in this world. My parents were super humans too and being a superhuman is a lot more dangerous than I originally thought. Not only for me, but for the people around me too. Especially the ones I love and care about.

But that isn't the only thing that changed, I did as well. I'm more open to new people and let them into my life. Something I before didn't like to do. Now there are Reece, Kitty and even Eric, who became a part of it. Even though they just walked right into it without my permission. But with all of that my life got more complicated and it was hard to lie to people I knew all my life.

Nevertheless I have to admit it got also more exciting as I walked into the M.E. Like the last time Courtney is sitting at her wooden desk. She is reading some papers and only notice me, when I'm standing right in front of her. The woman greets me with a warm smile as she sees me.

"What can I do for you?" she asks and puts her paperwork aside.

"I want to see Juliette Matthews," I answer politely, though my voice has something demanding, which Courtney don't seem to notice or she just ignores it.

"Sure, she is in her office right now," the woman tells me. Then she opens a drawer and pulls out a white card, which she hands over without a second thought. I remember that Reece used a similar one.

"You know how it works?" I nod and examine the card for a moment.

"Highest floor," she adds and I thank her for the card.

"You can keep the card. It is yours now and you can use it to get everywhere," Courtney tells me.

"Alright, thank you," I say again, before I make my way towards the elevator.

Inside I search for the slot Reece used the last time and when I find it, I pull my card through it and push the number of the highest level. Immediately the elevator moves upwards and in less than thirty seconds the doors open again. It reveals a small corridor and only one room is at this floor. I already see here. Juliette is sitting at a white wooden desk and is reading some papers. Her door is more of a glass front and that is the reason why I can make her out.

Stepping out of the elevator, I take a deep breath and knock lightly. Juliette stops reading and glances towards me. She doesn't seem surprised by my appearance and she waves me inside.

"Take a seat," she says in her calm voice, as I stand awkwardly in her office. I follow her request and take a seat in front of her.

"I'm here, because I have to talk to you about something important," I announce. It takes some time before she gives me her response and I wait impatiently. 

"Well, then go and tell me," she says.

"Today someone broke into Nancy's bakery. But the person didn't steal any money, so I came to the conclusion that the person could be the same one who attacked me," I tell her and Juliette has a thoughtful expression on her face. She is looking out of the window and her lips are pursed into a straight line.

"You might be right," the woman answers, now looking at me.

"I was also thinking about this super human the last few days and had the idea to give you a partner who you can work with on this case."

I nod slowly at the idea. I have nothing against a partner to work with. But the question is, who is it going to be? 

"But first you have to join this company."

"The M.E?" I blurt out.

"M.E for Matthew enterprise?" she asks, a small smile appearing on her lips in amusement

"I actually like that." I smile, I knew that it isn't a bad idea. 

"Our real company doesn't have a name. But yes, you have to join the M.E first," Juliette explains.

"But I thought it was clear that I'm already a member," I say and she grins, because my answer seems to please her.

"Perfect. There not many rules in our company, you just can't tell outsiders and you are going to be trained every week and learn how to control your power," she explains and I nod, trying to memorize her words for later.

"You will get a schedule to remind you and I would require following it."  Now she is back to being her serious self.

"Because I'm also not going to let you wander around with your partner alone, without training and not to know how to protect yourself," she adds looking me directly into my eyes. Her gaze telling me not to mess up and do something stupid.

"Of course." I reply. My thought are already occupied with the other super humans and their training.

But how will my training look like? Am I going to learn how to use weapons? I mean this company is made to protect out kind.  

"We will train you the same way as everybody else, but you are a newbie, which means that you have to start at the beginning." Juliette suddenly says and I look at her with big eyes.

How does she know what I'm thinking about?

She laughs at my dumbfounded face. "Don't forget I'm superhuman too."

"You can read minds," I state in shocked. Somehow I feel uncomfortable now. Has she been reading my mind the whole time?

"It's not that easy," she only answers, leaving me confused behind.

And before I can ask more, she dials a number one her phone. 

"Courtney, please send Eric Prichard to me," she says ending the phone call and then turns towards me.

"Like you have probably guessed is Eric going to be your partner," she announces, and I just sit there in silence thinking.

I don't know how to feel about Eric being my partner. Why is he going to be my partner? And is Juliette listening to my thoughts right now? And what does she mean with "it's not that easy"?

A few minutes pass by until it knocks and Eris walks into the room. He has a smile on his lips like always and at his sight I somehow have to smile as well.

"You wanted to see me?" Eric wants to know, looking at the mother of Reece and Kitty with respect.

She nods. "Yes, I wanted to show you your new partner," the woman announces gesturing at me.

Eric looks for the first time at me since he has arrived. "Celia," he says surprised, but after a few seconds a smile forms on his lips.

"Or should I say partner," he offers, and I laugh.

Having Eric as a partner is going to be an interesting experience and probably a crazy one as well. But somehow I'm looking forward to it.

This is kind of a filler chapter. But nevertheless important, because you now know who is going to be working with Celia to solve the mystery about the unknown person. Who did you think was going to be her partner and what do you think about Juliette's choice? Leave a comment and please vote.Have a nice day!