Chapter 7-

Friday comes around and today is Aiden's important game. Like the good best friend I am, I'm going to watch it and support him the best way I can.

Today's winner will play in the final, against the best team in our state. They won the last three years in follow and our team lost last year against them in the final. So the passion to win is even bigger and desirable.

Additionally, the game is the main topic in school and Liam and Aiden don' shut up about it. Nevertheless, I'm too occupied to be annoyed of their constant talking. I has a reason and a name; Reece Matthews.

Like I already expect he doesn't show up today. I makes me even more frustrated than I already am. Where is he? I he really ill like Kitty told me? But why would she lie to me if he isn't? Nothing makes sense, and I think my head will explode.

My thoughts are spinning in circles  and I don't notice when somebody approaches me.

"Is this seat still available?"

 I barely listen to the person and only nod, a bit annoyed that he interrupted my thoughts.

The game is going to start every minute, and I'm starring at the field, waiting for our team to make his appearance. I'm seated in one of the front rows, because I'm friends with  a player. Almost the whole school is here to support our team and they are talking and cheering.

It is really noisy and when an all too familiar voice says next to my ear, "You okay there doll?", my head snaps to my left.

Our heads almost collide with each other, but it is a good thing that Reece reacts in time and leans back. He saves us both from a headache and first I can't comprehend that he is sitting right next to me. Since when is he here?

At my starstrucked face he laughs, "You actually didn't notice me sitting there for the last few minutes. Didn't you?"

I blink for several times to adjust if I'm seeing right. For a moment I let him laugh about me, because there is nothing I can do or say.

Reece surprises me more, when he suddenly gets closer and closes my mouth with one of his fingers, touching my chin. The skin he is touching starts to tingle. There is just a small contact, but I see that he notices it too before he pulls his hand away.

After another few seconds I choke out, "What are you doing here?"

His slightly amused eyes meet mine and he leans back into his seat. Getting comfortable and crossing his hands behind his head.

"I'm here to support our team like everybody else."

"But I thought you were ill." I press out, my lips turning into a straight line, not believing him.

"Yes, but I feel better now." Reece argues. He doesn't want to talk about it and changes the topic.

"The game is starting."

I avert my eyes from him and towards the players, who are just getting onto the field.

Liam is walking in front, being the captain, closely followed by Aiden and the rest of the team. They all look determined to win the game and to show their skills.

I especially pay attention to my best friend, who is smiling with anticipation. He trained a lot the last few weeks and I'm proud just seeing him there. I show him my biggest smile when our gazes meet and give him a thumps up. He returns it with an even bigger smile. We can communicate even without words and we know that we always have each others back.

After that a man announces that the game will start every second and Aiden's attention goes to baseball.

I even forget Reece for a second, but when I glance to my side and see him watching me, I'm more than aware of him. A breeze blows his scent towards me and I might sound crazy, but I never smelled something like him before.

It is a miracle I'm aware of it, with all the people around of us. In my mind I compare every smell I know and try to find something that smells like him.

I feel ridiculous doing that, but can't stop myself. It is a mixture of peppermint, vanilla and lavender. And it smells fantastic. There is no guy that I paid so much attention to before and the thought scares me a bit.

In my trance I lean more into him without realizing and when I notice what I'm doing, I lean even more closely and try to act like I'm doing it on purpose and want to ask him something.

He furrows his brow in question at my action and I ask, "How do you know, where I live?"

This is the question I'm eager to know the truth about and he is finally there to answer it.

For a second he stares at me and I think he will ask me what I'm talking about. However his answer is nothing like I expected.

"Investigation," he replies, biting his lip in amusement by my dumbfounded expression.

"You really went that far?" I ask shaking my head in confusion.

He agrees by nodding his head and I blur out. "What are you? Some kind of stalker?"

The guy doesn't even flinch at the tone of my voice and tells me boldly. "Your personal one."

Is he serious right now? He can't be. One of the most popular guys doesn't just investigate on me without any reason. Or does he has one? I can't think of any.

"Your unbelievable," is the only thing I can answer, trying to assimilate the new information he gives me.

"Look at it from this side," he begins, "I find you interesting enough to want to know more about you."

I laugh sarcastically at his explanation. 

"You could have just asked me, like every other normal person would have Reece."

"But where is the fun in that?" he asks me and leans closer. I immediately lean back from him. But he ignores it and gets even closer.

I huff out in frustration. "I don't know if you are plain odd or really insane!"

"Nothing of both," he replies in the most serious tone, I had ever hear him saying.

"Just don't think too much about it and you will be fine."

"By the way it seems like the team is winning," Reece tells me, mentioning with a nod towards the game.

I bite my lip in guilt. Here I'am worrying about Reece and in front of me Aiden is playing and I'm not cheering for him or even watch his game.

My heart sinks in realization and I feel bad about it. For the rest of the game I only try to concentrate on baseball, which is harder than I thought, because my gaze lands unfortunately from time to time to the guy next to me.

Reece is watching the game in front of him carelessly and with an unreadable expression. I can't  tell if he is enjoining it or not.

In the end our team barely wins, but I still jump out of my seat like everybody else and cheer for them. They did it. Aiden and Liam won and they will be in the final.

I even whistle for them and want to ask Reece in euphoria if he liked the game. But when I look at the seat he has been sitting in just five minutes ago, he is nowhere to find. The place next to me is empty, and I look around to get a glimpse of Reece, but I can't see him.

Where is he and how did he disappear without me noticing? Again I don't know what to think or feel about him and just make my way towards the exit where I will meet with Aiden and Liam to celebrate their win.

Chapter 7 is out. Sorry for the long wait, but I was on vacation in England and couldn't update. Nevertheless I hope you like this one. It contains more of Reece and Celia. What do you think about Reece odd behavior and why is he acting like that? Leave me a comment and vote please.