Chapter 32-

I remember it started all with this party at Reece's house where I met him and his sister for the first time. This was probably my first step into the superhuman world; meeting them. Though it wasn't their fault that after I got to know them, my life turned up sight down and more down than up. I remember how slowly but steady they became apart of my world. A part where I unintentionally made a place for them. Mistake from my side? No! Because even after everything that had happened I found in them new friends, a category which I always had lacked in.

Kitty; sweet, loud, caring, though sometimes a bit naïve and too thick headed, just like her brother or more the rest of her family.

Reece; stubborn, annoying, unpredictable, but thoughtful, strong, determined and protective over the people he cared about. Starting with counting his bad traits had its reason, because even when they were the first thing that popped into my mind, his other traits stood out more to me. And therefor I counted him to my list of new friends.

Eric; nice, charming, always supportive, though sometimes he let people walk over him and didn't follow his own path. But I was sure he would come around.

And then there were people, who had been always in my life like my aunt Lily. Nevertheless there was one thing all these people had in common. They were liars and sadly I must add, good ones.

I didn't get it at first, but after a time everything came out, all the nasty things they had tried to keep from me. I think it is the best thing if I started after the catastrophic explosion in the M.E, where my father had freed Haley. Thinking of him made my blood boil, so I tried not to think about him at the moment. Well, after he had released that girl and went with her to some unknown place, everything was chaotic.

Others had heard the explosion and came to our rescue, but it was already too late. The damage was done and couldn't be prepared. And I'm not talking about the building. They took Slade and Reece, with Reece protesting, though they ignored him, because he was still bleeding, into another room, where they could heal them. Reece wanted to stay with me after everything with my father, so in the end and because I think it was nice caring gesture of his to not leave me alone in that moment, I went with him.

On our way I also found out that everything at least went well with the baseball team and the other humans. They had no memory of what happened and somehow they made them forget for even stopping the game. I didn't ask further that was all that mattered, and I needed no details right now.

How I was feeling all this time? Well, one word that would describe me the best was probably empty. There was a black hole in my chest and I knew it would never fully disappear in the future.

"Maybe, it was a good thing that you took her with us," a voice said, talking to Reece, while taking the glass fragments out of his body, which he only responded by hissing. He still could manage to give me a worry look and I hated it. I hated it for being so vulnerable and I hated that after I thought it couldn't get worse, something happened that told me otherwise.

"Her hand is also bleeding," Reece mentioned with a hand gesture at me and the person who was taking care of him wanted to get someone else, though I stopped him.

"It isn't something serious, just a cut," I told him, while getting myself a tissue to clean the wound and some water. First, they both wanted to protest, but I already cleaned it myself, to show them it wasn't such a big deal. And it wasn't, so they left me alone.

After a few minutes the guy had also finished getting everything out of Reece's body and went away to get bandages, leaving the two of us alone for a while.

"Let me have a look," Reece said after the guy had left and I wanted to protest, because I should be looking if he was okay and not the other way around. However Reece wouldn't want to hear any of it and took my hand, warming it at the same time.